P90 Question

Options
I am seriously considering ordering this DVD set for home but have a couple of questions 1) Is there a workout schedule, ie what days do you what DVD? 2) Is there any special equipment I need, ie exercise bands. Thanks.

Replies

• LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yes there is a schedule and a meal plan that you are supposed to follow, along with extra supplements and equipment. My set is at my moms so I can't tell you exactly what you need, but theres lots of extras.
  • mhig011975
    mhig011975 Posts: 181
    Options
    Yes it does come with a 10lb resistance bands and a P90 eating guide. I am assuming you are talking about power 90? I just finished P90, and I just started P90X ( starting my 4th day now)
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I am seriously considering ordering this DVD set for home but have a couple of questions 1) Is there a workout schedule, ie what days do you what DVD? 2) Is there any special equipment I need, ie exercise bands. Thanks.

Sent you a private message.
  • BrynMeister
    BrynMeister Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yes there is schedule which changed every 30 days.

Your first month you rotate dvds:

Mon: Chest, Back & Abs
    Tue: Plometric Circuit
    wed: Shoulders, Arms & Abs
    Thu: Yoga
    Fri: Legs, Back & Abs
    Sat: Kenpo
    Sun: Rest or Stretch

second month the exercises become more intense.

You could do with some bands or weights if you prefer, I'm getting by with a pair of dumbells and a yog mat! I use the kitchen furniture for the rest lol.

Buy the programme - you won't regret it! :wink:
  • LMRacer77
    LMRacer77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Although I have not gone 100% into this program yet, I did purchase it. The important part of this for me has been the diet. I decided to start the diet portion prior to beginning the workouts, because I wanted to get my body used to what is going to happen to it, and not shock it all at once.

The workout regimen is pretty simple. It comes with (2) dvd's that contain: Sweat & Sculpt 1-4, and Ab Ripper 100-200.

Off the top of my head, I believe the schedule goes something like this:

Day 1-45
    Monday: Sculpt 1-2
    Tuesday: Sweat 1-2 & Ab Ripper 100
    Wednesday: Sculpt 1-2
    Thursday: Sweat 1-2 & Ab Ripper 100
    Friday: Sculpt 1-2
    Saturday: Sweat 1-2 & Ab Ripper 100
    Sunday: Rest or Light workout such as walking or jogging.

Day 46-90
    Monday: Sculpt 3-4
    Tuesday: Sweat 3-4 & Ab Ripper 200
    Wednesday: Sculpt 3-4
    Thursday: Sweat 3-4 & Ab Ripper 200
    Friday: Sculpt 3-4
    Saturday: Sweat 3-4 & Ab Ripper 200
    Sunday: Rest or Light workout such as walking or jogging.

For the Sculpt, you will need either resistance bands or dumbells. Also, you will need a chair for dips.
    For the Sweat, you just need to have a couple bottles of water ready.
    For Ab-Ripper, just be ready to feel the burn =P

Of course, this is for the Power 90 series. The P90X is a whole different animal.
  • Trent1w
    Trent1w Posts: 2
    Options
    Check out this link: http://trek2befit.com/p90x-worksheets-p90x-binder-p90x-excel-spreadsheet

It looks to be a pretty comprehensive overview of the program. The 1st 2 weeks are the toughest, but if you stick with it, you'll see rapid results.

Good Luck!
  • annmariesy
    annmariesy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello slummymummy
    I just purchased the P90X workout. It is awesome and serious. There are 12 work out DVDs, (cardio, wts for differerent body parts, yoga, stretch, etc) A manual with dietary info and lots more, work out sheets to keep track of your activity and a plan that gives you ideas on which work out to use daily. They also have a community service to help get you motivated and to share ideas.
    The resistance band is extra as well as any other equipment that you want to use (ie., chin up bar).

I would like to work out with others who are interested. I found a group in my area, but they work out at 8 pm which is too late for me ( I would be pumped up and awake all night ;-)
    If anyone is interested, I would like to work in the Am. I live in Winter Park.
  • annmariesy
    annmariesy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    where do you do your coaching. I live in Winter Park and would like to start a group to work out or find a group.