New and looking for friends that need the same

Options
Helll my name is Amber. I am 25 years old. I am a preschool teacher. I have tried many fad diets. The one that worked most was weight watchers but, I just can't afford that every month. So I am trying this out as I have heard a lot of good things. I am looking to loose about 80-100 lbs... love to have encouraging and supporting friends that are some place in the same boat! Add me if you wanna be friends. #thisismytime

Replies

• amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey Amber, I'm Amber! :smile: You have come to the right place. You'll find cheerleaders both to celebrate in your successes and support you on days you're struggling. Feel free to add me!
  • anniebeauvais
    anniebeauvais Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me !!! I'm looking for friends too!
    anniebeauvais
  • DLinnell58
    DLinnell58 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi Annie! Same here!! Let's be friends!
  • DLinnell58
    DLinnell58 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    And Ambers!!! Lol
  • idalina2016
    idalina2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new too!
  • 714ally
    714ally Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm new too!
  • lima013
    lima013 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am looking for new support friends too. Feel free to add me.
  • Baddogbeanie
    Baddogbeanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone to MFP. I've been here a few times, lose it, gain it, then lose it again. A very difficult journey. A little advice: (add me if you like it)
    1. Listen to your appetite.
    “If you want to eat spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, have it!” . “Don’t find the low-carb version with the fat-free sauce. If you actually eat what you want, you’ll likely end up eating a more reasonable amount of it.” Eating in tune with your hunger is a principle of intuitive eating, and it’s shown to have a positive effect on both your weight and your well being.

2. Enjoy treats from time to time.
    Research shows (and experts agree) that sprinkling reasonably sized desserts or treats into your daily diet encourages you to find pleasure in meal time again—and that pleasure will help ensure you don’t feel the need to go overboard.

So instead of confining your treats to one single day, drop them into places throughout the week. For example, enjoy: “a cookie or a few pieces of chocolate after dinner on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays,” Rogers says.

3. Savor every bite.
    Once you place any item of food into your mouth, take a moment to: “taste, smell, and experience it as a whole,” Rogers says. “When you take the time to be mindful about what you’re eating, you tap into your satiety cues.”

The Takeaway

Forget about designating a cheat day to reward yourself. Denying yourself most of the week and then indulging like crazy on your one day “off,” just promotes guilt, anxiety, and shame around eating—which means you won’t likely get to the health outcome you’re looking for. Instead, make every day a great day by listening to your appetite, periodically adding in some of your favorite foods in small portions, and savoring each and every bite of everything you eat. This sustainable approach will help you think of all of your eating as enjoyable, and that’s what gets you down the road to where you want to be.
  • caregetsfit
    caregetsfit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me! I teach preschool also and I'm looking to lose 60 lb.
  • TrynaGetHealthy2017
    Options
    Your all more than welcome to add me :)
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm in the process of becoming a teacher! Add me! I'm 26 years old and I want to lose 30 lbs. Feel free to add me everyone!
  • otis166
    otis166 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Amber!!! Love that name because it's the name of my sister! I'm a teacher also. Right now I stay home with my two girls , but someday I'll go back I love it!!! Weight watchers is a great program .......but I'm trying this right now. I just had a baby seven weeks ago and three weeks after that I moved to Florida from Utah oh and I have a two year old! Lots of craziness!!! So I could use a friend too lol I'm 35 though hope that's ok
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Feel free to add me :) Always good to have another friend to keep you motivated on here :)
  • msksavs
    msksavs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, we're all here to motivate and support :)
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Anyone interested in a weekly check-in group where we weigh-in, support, encourage and yes sometimes vent?

Ocassionally, we do some challenges, but mostly it's a group to simply check in with some fellow MFPalz on how we are doing with our health challenges and goals!

Here's the link:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/108848-weigh-in-wednesday

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've been here a while, and I really enjoy this tool. Anyone should feel free to add me if you're looking for more friends. :)