Hello

Options
My name is Candice and I use myfitnesspal.com to gain weight. Now don't skinny shame just yet. I have legit reasons for wanting to bulk up and why I'm so tiny to begin with.

My goal is to gain enough weight and stength to be able to take a punch or two from your average middle school boy and not end up in the hospital.

I'm in graduate school to become a school counselor but the more I think about it the more I know I want to work at a middle school with alternative education needs or are high risk. For that I need to be able to get punched and instead of reacting go into a calm lecture about how we can appropriately display our emotions. This is not physically possible when the kid who hit me is probably close to double my size.

Replies

• 603PIPER
    603PIPER Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Interesting predicament, I am a police officer, 6'2" 248, and I can tell you that size is not everything. I've grappled with some much smaller guys who put up quite the fight! But adding some muscle and getting stronger will definitive help!

I would also look into some self defense classes to get some hands on practice on what to do if you have someone swinging at you.

Good Luck and be safe!
  • Pot8540
    Pot8540 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    dcm886 wrote: »
    Interesting predicament, I am a police officer, 6'2" 248, and I can tell you that size is not everything. I've grappled with some much smaller guys who put up quite the fight! But adding some muscle and getting stronger will definitive help!

I would also look into some self defense classes to get some hands on practice on what to do if you have someone swinging at you.

Good Luck and be safe!

I do judo. Right now I can get a kid safely off of me without harming them but I still end up at the hospital because there's just nothing to cushion the blows. I worked at a half way house for a few weeks over the summer but ended up with several sprains, busied organs, passed out mid conversation on my last day all just from breaking kids up and one kid trying to choke me. I'm about 30lbs underweight and next to no muscle mass. I'm literally and medically just skin and bones lol.