Bigger Ladies: How long did it take you to get down to a size L?

Options
I'm a size 21/22 now and I really wanna get back down to a size 0x.

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I just moved down from a 20/22 to more of an 18/20 (closer to 18) and it took 2.5 months and 30lbs. I don't have any clothes smaller than 18 so it is tough to say if I am close to a 16 but I hope that by New Years I will be.

Those are pants sizes, btw. I always need a little bigger top because I have boobs...lots of boobs.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This is going to vary A LOT, so be careful when comparing yourself to others. I started at 22/24, and I'm just comfortably into size 8 after losing 112lbs. I'm still overweight and will be losing roughly 35-40 more lbs. I'm 5'8. It took me 30 pounds to drop into a size 20. It started moving more quickly for me after that.

All this said, again, a warning. There are people with my exact height and weight that are wearing 10, 12, even 14, and some squeezing into a 6. There are people wearing size 8 at my height that weigh 30lbs less than me. Again I advise: your progress, your body, your timing.
  • asmithteach
    asmithteach Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was in 2XL men's shirts... down from 310 to 245 and I'm still more comfortable in an XL than a L, but I'm also rather heavy chested though...
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It's hard to judge on this because sizing varies so much, but I started at about a 20-22W and am as of this week down to a 16W. It has taken me about six months and about 39-40lbs, but I am doing it slow and steady.