New... 66lbs.

Options
Just wanted to introduce myself. Decided to give this a try. I've been "trying" to lose weight for years. My goal is 200lbs. The closes I've gotten in the last 10 years is 230. Earlier in the year, I attempted to lose weight and excersize, but didn't stick to it. I figured I had to lose about 50lbs. Obviously I didn't stick with it.

This time, I was shocked (not the good kind) to find out that I had gained about 15 lbs since earlier in the year. While I know that losing 8 lbs in the first week is great, it's sad that my weight is still higher than I thought it was. But again, the 8 lbs is a huge motivator. I also know that, that amount will decrease over time, so I'm prepared for that.

The best success I've had in the past was with Weight Watchers. Their online tools were fantastic. However, I tend not to get on the computer much, so tracking and monitoring points was a pain.

Using myfitnesspal is going to help me in a big way. I can easliy track and monitor right from my iPod touch. Right away, it makes you look at food in a new way. I have a good feeling about this.

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck! You CAN do this!
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! My goal is 65 pounds and after the first week I'm 3 pounds down. I too find the app on the phone quite useful!

Feel free to add me as a friend and we support each other!

All the best!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I've "tried" a few things for weight loss and none of them were working for me, pen and paper tracking for the dietician... too cumbersome, I've cut way back on my "drink calories (chocolate milk and juices that I don't make myself)" and eating more whole-foods or home-made at least. I still enjoy my pancakes but they contain the essentials not the stuff that makes them 2 years shelf-stable from Jemima (Quaker... err make that Pepsico) Being on here tracking IS easy (as long as you can find the food and pick the closest matching one if not an exact match from the database) and with the support of other members to help stay on track.... do I really want to log this chocolate bar? No? then it stays on the shelf. Still got a lot more than 66lbs to go myself but it's coming.
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a lifestyle change!! It is hard but you can do this. It takes the dedication to log on!! You need support, reach out to us and we will help. Add me if you like and good luck!
  • Jerseygirl02
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you!!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you find MFP works for you. For me, it was the app on my phone that was the key. It's so easy to track everything! Feel free to add me as a friend for some extra motivation!
  • jv6271
    jv6271 Posts: 5
    Options
    The app is definitely what started me on this. Unfortunately I had some issues the last two weeks where I was less than careful with my calories. Getting back to it this week.
  • chichi_76
    chichi_76 Posts: 30
    Options
    My goal too is 60 lbs. I just started last Friday. Tomorrow is my first WI. Hoping for good results. Feel free to add me !