IDEAS NEEDED FOR WEIGH IN DAY... SUNDAY

Options
My weigh in day is sunday, I need some ideas to make sure I am down. I have been slowly gaining back or maintaining each week.

My diary is open, so please help me with ideas!!! I would much appreciate it! SMILES!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise? If not, please do. Its good for many reasons. Also, you may consider adding some more lean protein especially if you do exercise.
  • lolathompson
    lolathompson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What vitamins and supplements are you taking.
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    Do you exercise? If not, please do. Its good for many reasons. Also, you may consider adding some more lean protein especially if you do exercise.

I do exercise about 5 days a week. I guess my problem is protein. I don't like it much. I will try more protein... Thank you
  • swimmamum
    swimmamum Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would drink tonnes and tonnes of water. Cut your carbs out completely between now and then (no rice, pasta or bread).

If you really want to see a jump in your weight, you can do a day of cayenne pepper water and apples. I did this before a wedding last year and I felt incredible the day of the wedding. I drank 3 litres of water (with a half a teaspoon and a lemon squeezed into it) and ate 6 large apples. The only other food I included in that day was 3 heaping portions of steamed veggies and a chicken breast at dinner.

Do you include a B complex into your daily vitamin dose? If not, go out and get it....it's brilliant.

Good luck!!
  • GaveUp
    Options
    What vitamins and supplements are you taking.

I'm not taking any vitamins right now. :(
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    fruits and veggies RAW for the next few days and warm lemon water 8 oz EVERY morning before anything else goes in your tummy ! I did this for a week and lost just a little over 8 lbs
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Try dropping the peanuts and cheese products for the rest of the week. I'm like you, I too like peanuts and cheese but boy do they pack the calories on. Let us know how you do. Good luck.
  • swimmamum
    swimmamum Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh no!!! You need to get a great multi for women and you should really add a B complex to it. This ensures that your body is in complete working order and that it doesn't suffer or slow down on you!!
  • ptheders
    ptheders Posts: 24
    Options
    Judging from your diary, you are not eating enough! There are quite a few days where you have hundreds of calories to spare, unless I wasn't reading it properly.

Whenever I find myself gaining back a pound or two its usually water weight. Make sure you are drinking tons of water to try to flush out your system. I find it helpful to drink a lot of water in the morning after my coffee (as it is a diuretic) and kind of taper off as the day goes on.

Good luck! You're doing a great job!
  • GaveUp
    Options
    Wow, I'm loving the ideas. Keep them coming. Thank you so much!!!
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    also try adding in some excerise activity. It helps.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I do exercise about 5 days a week. I guess my problem is protein. I don't like it much. I will try more protein... Thank you

I only looked back a few days but on those days you were already getting the recommended amount of protein, but were under on fiber. For that reason, I would add more vegetables and whole grains, which will keep you full without adding as many calories as more protein will and will add many nutrients.
  • GaveUp
    Options
    also try adding in some excerise activity. It helps.

I exercise about 5 days a week. I have an injury so I have to do low impact stuff right now but am working out with dvd's or treadmill and burn up to 300 calories a day right now until I heal.

Thank you :)
  • paintergal73
    Options
    You are going to be 50? Dang girl...i hope i look as good as you!. I looked at your diary, it is very healthy..i am impressed. Your metabolism is going to slower than me at 38. Eat the extra calories someone mentioned...but I eat watermelon or strawberries before bed something really low in calories and watery. You feel fuller and it is lower in calories. Make sure the computer has done the calorie amount right...make sure you put in the correct amount of activity level for teh day for you. Depending on where you work or how often you sit. Start walking the steps to the office or park abit away from the grocery store. I think you look great. I know the extra pounds make you feel terrrible though. I have 8 lbs left and i have found i am struggling to lose them...I am walking alot...muscle is forming...weighs much more than flab. DON"T GIVE UP!!!
  • knowmydestiny
    knowmydestiny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Most folks on MFP recommend eating more calories in the morning and get lighter as the day goes. I have a hard time practicing this some days, but looking at your diary, it seems you eat pretty light in the morning.
  • hannavasgreen
    hannavasgreen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love cheese and find it really hard to give up dairy. I love string cheese and I noticed from your diary that you eat it everyday too! I also see you have extra calories so this may not help or be important to you but Sargento- light string cheese only has 50 calories per piece....so you couild save 80 calories from cheese and have something with more fiber like an apple or a bowl of special k..
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Most folks on MFP recommend eating more calories in the morning and get lighter as the day goes. I have a hard time practicing this some days, but looking at your diary, it seems you eat pretty light in the morning.

It's not something you HAVE to do though. I always start out light and eat more as the day goes on, eating my biggest meal at night (around 9 p.m.). I do this for 2 reasons. One is that I sit all day and just don't need much energy then, but I exercise in the evenings plus I'm off work so on my feet more. The second is simply that I like to have a real "meal" at dinner. I like a full plate of food and a glass of wine with it. So I eat light during the day and have my big healthy meal at night. And I've lost 23 lbs, have met my goal of getting back in a size 8, and continue to lose slowly (only about 1-2 lbs a month now).
  • GaveUp
    Options
    You are going to be 50? Dang girl...i hope i look as good as you!. I looked at your diary, it is very healthy..i am impressed. Your metabolism is going to slower than me at 38. Eat the extra calories someone mentioned...but I eat watermelon or strawberries before bed something really low in calories and watery. You feel fuller and it is lower in calories. Make sure the computer has done the calorie amount right...make sure you put in the correct amount of activity level for teh day for you. Depending on where you work or how often you sit. Start walking the steps to the office or park abit away from the grocery store. I think you look great. I know the extra pounds make you feel terrrible though. I have 8 lbs left and i have found i am struggling to lose them...I am walking alot...muscle is forming...weighs much more than flab. DON"T GIVE UP!!!

Thank you so much for the complement :). I need to exercise more but I have been dealing with a sports injury for almost 8 weeks now so that slowed me down. I also have a HRM to calculate my calories correct. I do tend to eat more calories later in the day. My husband works the second shift so I am alone late in the day and evening. UGH!
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    Judging from your diary, you are not eating enough! There are quite a few days where you have hundreds of calories to spare, unless I wasn't reading it properly.

Whenever I find myself gaining back a pound or two its usually water weight. Make sure you are drinking tons of water to try to flush out your system. I find it helpful to drink a lot of water in the morning after my coffee (as it is a diuretic) and kind of taper off as the day goes on.

Good luck! You're doing a great job!

I agree with this. My first thought looking at two weeks was that you're not eating enough. Make sure your net calories is atleast 1200 a day. Your body needs atleast that many calories to perform it's normal functions. I also noticed that you seem to be skipping meals on the weekends. I do this too sometimes, but it's not good. Skipping meals really messes up your metabolism.
  • GaveUp
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE WITH ALL OF THIS ADVISE I'M SURE TO BE DOWN....... KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED!!