Six pack

Options
I start from last 4 month I loss weight 15 kg .... I was 90.5 kg now I am 75.8 every thing is going Gud just I am looking small now my face look weak .... my fat percentage is not going down and belly fat my question is how to get rid of belly fat ... and I am doing workout at home like with dumbells ... need ur advices thanks

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Belly fat like all body fat is lost by eating in a deficit with patience.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Also, getting a six pack is largely dependent on body composition. Aggressive weight loss, is generally going to make it harder to maintain muscle mass while in a calorie deficit. So have a moderate deficit, adequate protein and keep working on getting stronger.
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    A six pack is largely dependent on body fat and genetics. It generally won't show until you get pretty lean, and some people carry more or less of their fat in the stomach area. It'll show more as you get stronger & leaner, but two people at the same overall body composition will show different degrees of ab definition.
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Also, proper lighting is helpful.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Also, proper lighting is helpful.

As well as a natural or spray tan. LOL! ;)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Or aluminum works!

mij5b4d4i65h.jpg
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    rashid4u21 wrote: »
    I start from last 4 month I loss weight 15 kg .... I was 90.5 kg now I am 75.8 every thing is going Gud just I am looking small now my face look weak .... my fat percentage is not going down and belly fat my question is how to get rid of belly fat ... and I am doing workout at home like with dumbells ... need ur advices thanks

personally, i like planks, turkish getups, weighted 'walks' and chinups/pullups for core atm. and i'm working on pushups with actually-correct form, which is very much like a plank too for the core. but my focus is more on the functional strength to support my other lifting, and so much on getting any particular look.
  • awinner_au
    awinner_au Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Your fat percentage has to be going down, if you are lifting and losing weight i doubt you are losing more muscle than fat.

Six packs are hard to come by. You really need to get to 10-12% body fat to see your abs. I got down to 13% and still no six pack. I had the face of a marathon runner but still had fat round the stomach.

If you dont have a lot of muscle then at low BF% you will be skinny. But if thats what you want, then thats what you will have to do. Lose weight till you are happy with your BF% then start building muscle. At your age you should not have much trouble putting on muscle.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    my fat percentage is not going down
    If this bit is actually true then you are doing it badly wrong and losing far more lean mass than fat!
    (I suspect it's not actually true.)

Having a gaunt looking face does seem to happen to some people when they have an aggressive rate of weight loss. If you don't have much more weight to lose then reduce your deficit.
    Patience is required.
  • awinner_au
    awinner_au Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

Having a gaunt looking face does seem to happen to some people when they have an aggressive rate of weight loss.

Im not sure about that, I looked gaunt and I was on a very slow cut. For me the mid section seems to be where i store the majority of my fat.