New to mfp..friends?

Options
I'm Rachel and I have a little boy named Micah (age2) Ive got about 50 pounds to lose already lost 50 prior to mfp. Hopefully we can be friends!

Replies

• alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to add people, but you're welcome to add me.
  • yzf250si
    yzf250si Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :smile:
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • Getfitat54
    Getfitat54 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm Tony, I'm here to be added if you'd like.
  • dotwilldoit
    dotwilldoit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jennie. I don't have any kids yet and I need to lose about 18 more pounds. (but I've been gaining, oops!) I would love to be friends. Please feel free to add me. Or anyone really.
  • pastudillow
    pastudillow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi There!
    My name is Pedro. I'm single and 35 years old. I'm trying to get a nice nutrition in accordance with my regularly activities as well asexercise (like jogging a lot). Hope to find out nice friends.
    Cheers!
  • smpeffer
    smpeffer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hey Rachel,
    How was your Friday? Did y'all get to go for a walk?
  • kazadoh
    kazadoh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to be your friend too but not sure how to add people as new to the whole thing... so please feel free to add me and anyone else
  • healthybearey
    healthybearey Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me.
  • 603PIPER
    603PIPER Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as well, that goes for anyone!
  • boxa00
    boxa00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Feel free to add me also.
  • theycallmearth
    theycallmearth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You're more than welcome to add me if you want!
  • bwaits07
    bwaits07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • richfieldgirl
    richfieldgirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm a 68 year old with 50 pounds to lose. My main exercise is yoga which I love, but I'd like to find other physical things to enjoy. It would be great to share thoughts and ideas with others like myself. We can support each other during the ups and downs of losing weight making it easier and maybe even fun. Send me a friend request
  • lima013
    lima013 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have a little one too :)
  • lesleydennany
    lesleydennany Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anyone is more than welcome to add me as well. :)

• Baddogbeanie
    Baddogbeanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hello new MFP'ers. I've been here for a bit, welcome to the journey. A little advice: (add me if you like it):
    1. Listen to your appetite.
    “If you want to eat spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, have it!” “Don’t find the low-carb version with the fat-free sauce. If you actually eat what you want, you’ll likely end up eating a more reasonable amount of it.” Eating in tune with your hunger is a principle of intuitive eating, and it’s shown to have a positive effect on both your weight and your well being.

2. Enjoy treats from time to time.
    Research shows (and experts agree) that sprinkling reasonably sized desserts or treats into your daily diet encourages you to find pleasure in meal time again—and that pleasure will help ensure you don’t feel the need to go overboard.

So instead of confining your treats to one single day, drop them into places throughout the week. For example, enjoy: “a cookie or a few pieces of chocolate after dinner on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays,

3. Savor every bite.
    Once you place any item of food into your mouth, take a moment to: “taste, smell, and experience it as a whole,” “When you take the time to be mindful about what you’re eating, you tap into your satiety cues.”

The Takeaway

Forget about designating a cheat day to reward yourself. Denying yourself most of the week and then indulging like crazy on your one day “off,” just promotes guilt, anxiety, and shame around eating—which means you won’t likely get to the health outcome you’re looking for. Instead, make every day a great day by listening to your appetite, periodically adding in some of your favorite foods in small portions, and savoring each and every bite of everything you eat. This sustainable approach will help you think of all of your eating as enjoyable, and that’s what gets you down the road to where you want to be.

Let your journey begin..