Blood Pressure Success

Options
Thank you MFP - you are changing my life (for the better)! My doctor had been threatening me for years to put me on blood pressure medicine and finally decided to kick my *kitten* into gear this past February. I was going to the YMCA and working out 6-8 times/week and after a month, wasn't noticing any significant weight change, so I did some searching and found MFP.

I started using MFP on March 21, 2011 and today I am down 62 lbs and my blood pressure had dropped from a high of 152/98 in March to today's reading of 96/70. That's huge folks! My Mother's side has a history of high blood pressure, heart attacks, and strokes... mainly because the women can really cook. :)

Anyways - I hope this inspires anybody else out there struggling with high blood pressure. It can be reversed!

Next week I get to check my Cholesterol and see if I can drop the Lipitor pills!!

Best to all of you on your health journeys!

Kenny

Replies

• bbjlan
    bbjlan Posts: 6
    Options
    Kenny that is so awesome! Im dealing with the same thing right now, trying to get my BP down. My mothers side also has the very same as yours and I just wanted to say thanks. You are an inspiration to me and I now know there is hope for me too!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's an amazing success. My doctor saying that I was pre-hypertensive is what got me motivated too. Both of my parents are on medications, and I want to avoid that as long as possible.
  • reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congats!! I had the same result. In march I was 138/104. Last week I was 118/70. I am -52 lbs.
  • kennysrush
    kennysrush Posts: 124
    Options
    Congats!! I had the same result. In march I was 138/104. Last week I was 118/70. I am -52 lbs.

That's wonderful. Congrats to you too. Feels great, doesn't it? :happy:
  • kennysrush
    Options
    Kenny that is so awesome! Im dealing with the same thing right now, trying to get my BP down. My mothers side also has the very same as yours and I just wanted to say thanks. You are an inspiration to me and I now know there is hope for me too!

Glad I could help! Best of luck to you! :wink:
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I take 4 mess for my pressure and 1 for my cholesterol! I'd like to get off of it all, maybe there is hope yet! Nice job, I hope to follow in your footsteps!
  • kennysrush
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I take 4 mess for my pressure and 1 for my cholesterol! I'd like to get off of it all, maybe there is hope yet! Nice job, I hope to follow in your footsteps!

Good luck! I take Lipitor for my Cholesterol and get checked next week - hoping to ditch that garbage!
  • BradNC
    BradNC Posts: 51
    Options
    Keep on it Kenny - I see your dedication every day and you really do inspire the rest of us. Good luck with the cholesterol check - keep us posted!
  • kennysrush
    Options
    Keep on it Kenny - I see your dedication every day and you really do inspire the rest of us. Good luck with the cholesterol check - keep us posted!

Thanks, Buddy! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!