One year of MyFitnessPal complete: 117 lbs lost, size 22 to size 8-10, 44" waist to 30" waist

Options

Replies

• aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I bet your Dad would be super proud! You've done a great job, and I really think you'll like lifting too!
  • hjaye9285
    hjaye9285 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! This is awesome progress..did you eliminate any food groups or just counted calories in general?
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Wow girl what a transformation you look so much younger and happier your father would be so proud
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Congrats on your success. We have similar journeys I started strength training day 1 and would encourage you to not wait to get started. You'll look even better when you get to goal.
  • duffydog1
    duffydog1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • missy6744
    missy6744 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, thanks for sharing your story it's very inspirational.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    おめでとう ございます
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Your hard work and commitment really shows!
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    hjaye9285 wrote: »
    Congrats!! This is awesome progress..did you eliminate any food groups or just counted calories in general?

I didn't really eliminate anything so much as generally avoided carbs and generally favored proteins. Absolutely nothing was/is considered off limits tho, sometimes it's just a small serving.
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing! Can't believe you did it in only a year! Can wait to see another post next year!
  • DeviatedNorm
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Alright guys, I finally stopped into work a bit early and used their gym. It was really quite intimidating, the one guy in the room was super beefy. But, he was cordial and polite and didn't make fun of my flying squirrel arms one bit, and I was able to get some upper body and ab exercises in. On Monday I'll be back for more.
  • luvs2read1979
    luvs2read1979 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing!
  • majess1022
    majess1022 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What a year! You look great.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look incredible. ;)
  • DeviatedNorm
    Options
    Woot! As of today I'm down to a normal BMI, 154.5 lbs -- just squeaking in. Still have 10 lbs to go!

Also, I've done one week and one day of weight training. Tomorrow's another round of upper body stuff!
  • Waynedabeast
    Waynedabeast Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome job you look amazing!!
  • ali_holland
    ali_holland Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss!!! If I may ask, how tall are you?
  • amynoodle1
    amynoodle1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look amazing ! Truly an inspiration !
  • NewToKetoMama
    NewToKetoMama Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass in June of 2015 and lost weight but now I'm trying to address stomach issues so I've started a keto program. Do you just do low carb or do you also increase your fat intake as well? Really would love to pick your brain. I have about another 60 pounds to lose.
  • JennifrClaire
    JennifrClaire Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    One high five for the weight loss and another for those boots. You've got style.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!