Hula Hoop workout!!

mnec2010
mnec2010 Posts: 132 Member
Hey everyone

Just wondering who has tried fitness/weighted hula hoops for exercising?? It burns so many calories and its so fun.. I go to the hoop fit classes at my gym and we learn a lot of tricks/moves, etc.... just looking for some fellow hoopers out there to share my passion & excitement about it !! :)

Replies

• karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    ive wanted one for so long! i need to order one online or find one in a store. its so intriguing
  • mnec2010
    You can make it yourself with PVC piping and some colorful tape!! you can buy it online for about 50 bucks.. I had one made at my gym for 35 :) best gift to myself ever haha
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    ive never heard any gyms around here having a class for it! i wonder if theres dvds or anything out there.. i picture it helping shrink the waist and ive heard it burns a ton of calories too
  • mnec2010
    I know there is a 10 min youtube video, which is pretty good but she doesnt do many moves.... I know a TON so if you ever get a hoop, message me ill help you out :)
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    ME! ME! ME! lol I make it habit to friend anyone who mentions hooping, so expect a friend request! I use heavier hoops, light weight dancing hoops, and mini twins. The twins are great for the arms.

Oh, and there are lots of videos on youtube for people who want to learn, but you may need to look for more than just hula hoop. Try hoop dancing, hoop fitness, core hooping, hoop tricks, hoop path, etc. Some of my favorites are Baxter, Brecken, Safire, Caroleena, and, of course, LYNN!! (She's my hooping teacher.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/lnelson9826?blend=22&ob=5#p/u/0/NiJknx3wquQ
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Glad to see there are others into hula hooping! I just purchased a cheap beginner hoop a few weeks ago from Walmart for $5. I couldn't really afford more than that at the moment, but I'm loving my cheap hoop for now! I will hoop 20-30 mins a few nights a week with my music cranked up. I LOVE IT!
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    My mom swears by hoopnotica - she has made at least half a dozen hoops out of PVC. Whenever i visit i try to hoop, but i am about as graceful as warthog and always end up knocking lamps over and stepping on cats. its SOOO much fun though! practice, practice, practice!
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Hey everyone

Just wondering who has tried fitness/weighted hula hoops for exercising?? It burns so many calories and its so fun.. I go to the hoop fit classes at my gym and we learn a lot of tricks/moves, etc.... just looking for some fellow hoopers out there to share my passion & excitement about it !! :)

Hooping is an AMAZING workout! You can get beautiful hoops on etsy.com for $20-$25 and up. Also try checking out hoopnotica.com, hooping.org and hoopcity.ca.

Hoop lovers add me as a friend!
  • annmariesy
    annmariesy Posts: 5 Member
    What a great idea! I have a hula hoop and would love to try it out as a fitness workout. Is there anyone in Winter Park who does this?