Best Shake Ever!!

Options
So this is dead simple, but probably the most delicious shake I ever had.

400 mills of milk
1 scoop Whey 80 Vanilla protein
2 Bananas

Run it all through the blender. Can use less milk and 1 banana to cut calories, still frickin amazing.

Replies

• freedomofnow
    freedomofnow Posts: 37 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Haha, you're speaking my language! For just pure indulgence I would keep it at the peanut butter, oooohh or maybe some mango aswell!
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Sounds a little too... little
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but chocolate trumps vanilla.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    bananas. you had to go ruin it with bananas.

great that it works for you though. and nice to see someone else who likes the plain vanilla flavour in their protein powder.
  • freedomofnow
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yeah I always loved vanilla. The last time I used protein powder it was a little too plasticy in flavour but the industry really worked out their flavours over the last decade and now it's tasting just amazing. I also always loved bananas and that coupled with vanilla is really just a winning combo for me. It's basically a desert for lunch and I am actually looking forward to it every day.

I realize taste is a subjective thing, and @trigden1991 I'll be sure to give you your 3k smoothie for when I wanna bulk.. You know, after the first 50kgs of fat is gone. :smirk: Actually thinking about it it shouldn't be too hard. Double cream, peanut butter, chocolate sauce and salted caramel (with your added protein scoops of course) topped with whipped cream. Should do the trick!
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    It's basically a desert for lunch and I am actually looking forward to it every day.

i know how you feel, just take a slightly different path. mine is frozen plain-yogurt cubes with some kind of berry in it, and the vanilla protein. i started out adding the yogurt to try and kill that faint metallic-weird of the protein powder, then the berries to tamp down the yogurt's sourness . . . now i'm just hooked. milkshake for breakfast muahahahaha. who says that you have to grownup?

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    bananas. you had to go ruin it with bananas.

great that it works for you though. and nice to see someone else who likes the plain vanilla flavour in their protein powder.

Me, too, generally. That's because I find that vanilla mixes well with pretty much everything I'd put in a shake.

This shake sounds OK, but fairly boring. I guess if you absolutely looooooove bananas, this would seem better.

• kn7hqq
    kn7hqq Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy the vanilla whey powder>
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I have a hard time with protein powder's texture... -- how's your brand?
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I detect a distinct lack of peanut butter.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    kn7hqq wrote: »
    Where do you buy the vanilla whey powder>

not the op, but i'm using the vanilla flavour of whey isolate from www.canadianprotein.com.

• freedomofnow
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I live in scandinavia so I buy from gymgrossisten.no. It is the cheapest alternative where I live and so far the tastiest I tried. It's whey based and I think that's the best alternative in terms of blending. I will have to try it with yoghurt and have that for breakfast instead of my usual eggs before going to the gym at some point, sounds nice!

I have a profound love for both banana and vanilla. They are probably my two favourite things within their category, and as far as flavours I like to keep things simple and taste what's actually in there. I am a bit of a foodie so I like to maximize the flavor of what's there, cooking caloric restrictive stuff and pushing the most flavour out of it has been a really fun challenge! Definitely going to try the peanut butter option tomorrow though, it sounds amazing aswell.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Not strictly on topic but the best shake I've ever had was the PB&J at Hollywood Studios, Disney World.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Or or! The Kinder Bueno shake at that burger place in Hampstead, I forget the name, no matter given it's in London so moot for most users.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I live in scandinavia so I buy from gymgrossisten.no. It is the cheapest alternative where I live and so far the tastiest I tried. It's whey based and I think that's the best alternative in terms of blending. I will have to try it with yoghurt and have that for breakfast instead of my usual eggs before going to the gym at some point, sounds nice!

I have a profound love for both banana and vanilla. They are probably my two favourite things within their category, and as far as flavours I like to keep things simple and taste what's actually in there. I am a bit of a foodie so I like to maximize the flavor of what's there, cooking caloric restrictive stuff and pushing the most flavour out of it has been a really fun challenge! Definitely going to try the peanut butter option tomorrow though, it sounds amazing aswell.

I don't know what they have (Jeg kigger på min mobil lige nu), but I often order from bodylab.dk which has zero calorie syrups (similar to Walden farms if you're in the US).

If you can get you hands on these I highly recommend them! They also have powdered peanut butter (just like PB2), which is also awesome.

If you're watching your calories you can easily make a shake with:

Skyr (I like the laktosfri arla)
    Frozen banana
    Chocolate zero syrup
    Pb2 powder

Or sometimes I'll do:
    Skyr
    Frozen banana
    Frozen strawberries
    Raspberry Zero syrup

Experiment away!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Okay gonna veer waaaay off
    OP: banana poke cake....vanilla cake with banana pudding throughout, a layer of said banana pudding, a layer of whipped cream, crushed vanilla wafers on top served with a freshly sliced banana...I too am a lover of all things banana and vanilla.
  • rdl81
    rdl81 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Ok my go too ingredients (other than protein powder)

Unsweetened almond milk mega low kcal and much nicer than water

Almond butter if u want to add fats

Frozen spinach cube adds thickness and nutrients and u won't hardly of at all taste it

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Not strictly on topic but the best shake I've ever had was the PB&J at Hollywood Studios, Disney World.

If we're going to talk about the best shakes EVER...

Katz Deli "cheesecake shake" is my hands down favorite. Three scoops of vanilla bean ice cream, full fat milk, and an entire slice of New York style cheesecake blended and topped with additional whip cream, graham cracker crust, and strawberries. I'm not 100% certain, but it has to be over 1,500 calories by itself