100 lbs to lose

Options
On 1600 kcals per day to go from 17 stone to 10 stone. 5'11 male, 25yo. Moment I realised things were out of control was when I struggled to put my socks on cause my belly was in the way! Hopefully I can stick to this restriction without spending all day thinking about food. I had a theory when I was thin that thin people prefer moving to eating, and fat people prefer eating to moving. So I need to start moving again! Actually really enjoying counting calories, strangely, don't know why but I love setting and achieving things so I think I'll succeed (eventually).
My eating plan is based around eating all my calories in one sitting and fasting the rest of the day, but I tend to spiral off that and need to reset by coming back to it.
Anyway, thought I would post this here to share these ideas and so I can look back to see how far I've come.

Replies

• tjskee
    tjskee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do It! I have more then 100 lbs to lose but i'm not thinking of it like that. With every pound I lose I can move easier, and to me that is the best feeling ever!
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Good luck withe the eating once a day thing. While I would have no problem eating 1600 calories in one sitting, I know with 100% certainty that I couldn't space my meals 23.5 hours apart, especially if I was doing anything more than strictly sleeping. I would find that much harder than the lowered calorie count.

An hour after a workout I am starving!
  • lauraryanx1
    lauraryanx1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi hun I have around 60lbs to lose have u heard about intermittent fasting this is similar to wat u r doing but seems much more realistic to achieve xx
  • Torsten714
    Torsten714 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! I agree with Laura, but if you have the willpower I say give it your best shot. I'm nearly halfway through goal and gonna keep pushing, so we can all use some of that willpower, haha. Looking forward to hearing of your success!
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Good luck Tom, hardest part is keep to that diet/regime so you don't out it all back on
  • Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wow, only eating once a day would make me think about food ALL day! You must have some pretty impressive willpower. Best of luck!
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    10 stone (140lb or 63kg) would be awful skinny for an adult male at 5' 11". BMI 19.5.
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I actually eat almost all of my calories between 5:30 and 10 pm. I just really don't get much time before work or during the working day to eat. I have a morning coffee and then the next meal is dinner. I would prefer to not do it this way but with my work schedule and my kids it is just life right now.
  • druidsapprentice
    druidsapprentice Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!! I've 100++++ to lose but I'm on the right road and here really helps. Some good monthly challenges to take part in that can help motivation!!
    All food in one sitting- I couldn't do it!! I find setting mini goals help- e.g. Not 'I've 100 lbs to lose' but 'I'm gonna lose a minimum of 8lbs this month'.
  • tbozeman19
    tbozeman19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    As a nurse I can tell you that only eating once a day, your metabolism will actually slow down and prevent you from losing weight. My husband tried that and gained 80 pounds. You definitely need to have 3 balanced meals a day and a snack or 2 with PLENTY of water all day. I have lost 3st 9 pounds since August 9th of this year by doing just this. Best of luck to you.