135 to 126

Options
Jillianx115x
Jillianx115x Posts: 41 Member
edited November 2016 in Success Stories
Hi everyone. My success story isn't as huge as many of the amazing people here, but for the first time I can see a big difference, so I thought I'd share. My starting weight was 135 and I'm currently 126. I've lost a total of 9lbs. My end goal weight is in the 115-117 range, so I'm pretty much at the half way point. Oh, and I'm 5'3. Enjoy!

Before 135
864qbd8f82k4.png

Half way point 126
8kll21wqorhu.jpg
lkqly8jtdvtu.jpg
z72wp9y36e43.jpg

Replies

• Jillianx115x
    Options
    81 views and no comments...kinda weird. Mods can u please delete this thread?
  • jlemmond
    jlemmond Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Looking great
  • newbie3122
    newbie3122 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I feel that you would be too skinny dropping down to ~115. Keep us updated.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Why's it weird?
  • juliagorina
    juliagorina Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I'm in a similar boat... I have a just a bit extra that I would like to tame. I know it's both, but if you had to chose, which do you think played the biggest role for you, diet or exercise?
  • Jillianx115x
    Options

Why's it weird? [/quote
    For a moment I thought maybe it wasn't a big enough loss to justify posting. Or maybe the picture showing my bra was inappropriate. Could be anything.
  • SagarikaBedi
    SagarikaBedi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is amazing...I also trying to loose the last 10 pounds..please tell us what u did in order to drop to 126.
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Your tummy looks great! We are actually similar heights and weights and unfortunately mine isn't anything like yours. I have a sad potato face going on.

I think you look fab now, but I can't say much as 119 is actually my goal as well :)
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    First off great job on losing 9 lbs. You look awesome. How do you feel? Is there a particular reason you are trying to get to 115? Looks and a number on the scale aren't everything. Let your goal be to live comfortably at a healthy weight that you can sustain long term.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    That's a very drastic change for only nine pounds. Were you also doing weight lifting or ab exercises?

You look great! Fantastic job!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I think you great now, are you doing any lifting? That might be the look you're going for when you think 115lbs? I'm amazed 9lbs can make such a difference ... very cool! I've dropped a lot and have more to go so it's neat for me to see 9lbs and how much difference that can make on a person!

Really glad you shared! I'm so sorry you felt anyone was ignoring or didn't care.. I just got online a bit ago and early Sunday a.m's are rather slow on here. :smiley:@Jillianx115x
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Thank you so much for the compliments. To answer those who asked what I did- I think the biggest thing was that I quit alcohol. I was around 115-120lbs my entire life and then I started drinking a lot.. probably at least 500+ extra cals every day just in alcohol. Besides the obvious extra calories, it lowered my inhibitions and I was binging almost every night. I would eat my dinner and then eat my husbands left overs and then eat anything else I could find. It was bad and that is most likely how I found myself at 135 to begin with. So, yes I quit wine cold turkey completely. I will probably still have some wine on Holidays and special occasions, but not in excess every single day like I was for over two years.

I have also been logging every meal and been very strict to sticking with allotted daily calories. I walk two miles every morning before work @ 4mph which comes out to an extra 146 cals a day which I eat back as well. So I have been eating about 1350 cals per day and sticking to it without cheating. I don't eat meat (except fish) but that's probably irrelevant and actually that honestly probably makes dieting harder to because I'm always scrounging for alternative protein sources. But that's neither here nor there. I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit. I know "clean" can be a heated word around here, but I do eat clean 80% of the time. I also have things like icecream cake and candy apples (had both of those last week) but I make sure it fits into my calories. Let's see, what else. That's pretty much it- I quit booze, I stay with my deficit, and I speed walk 2 miles every day. I have an open diary to friends and I log literally every oz I eat, so if anyone wants to be friends, you're welcome to look at my diary.

For those who asked about weight lifting, no I haven't lifted any weights. I would love to incorporate that eventually because everyone I know who lifts weights looks amazing. I have a lot of muscle in my legs, but slim to none everywhere else. After the holidays I am definitely going to get into weight lifting.

Also someone asked why 115- that is the weight I was at and very happy with for the majority of my adult life (I'm 31 years old). My clothes fit the way I like at that weight, I feel comfortable in a swim suit, and I overall just really like the way I look. It's my perfect weight. I think someone said it would be too low, but it is a medically completely acceptable weight for my height of 5'3. It puts me at a BMI of 20.4 which is in the "normal" BMI range.

Thanks again for the compliments everyone!

Wow! Sounds like you've been doing all the rights things! No wonder you've made such great progressive!
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    newbie3122 wrote: »

I'm her same height. 115 is still 10lb above the minimum on the bmi chart.

Great job on your loss so far!
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I am super jealous. I'm about 4 inches shorter than you and 124lbs...I think I need to lose another 5-10 lbs to look anything like you!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Great job! Love the progress!
  • Justme_1
    Justme_1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My success story isn't as huge as many of the amazing people here, but for the first time I can see a big difference, so I thought I'd share. My starting weight was 135 and I'm currently 126. I've lost a total of 9lbs. My end goal weight is in the 115-117 range, so I'm pretty much at the half way point. Oh, and I'm 5'3. Enjoy!

Before 135
    864qbd8f82k4.png

Half way point 126
    8kll21wqorhu.jpg
    lkqly8jtdvtu.jpg
    z72wp9y36e43.jpg

You look great. Congrats on your success
  • Jillianx115x
    Options
    Kristi26 wrote: »
    newbie3122 wrote: »

I'm her same height. 115 is still 10lb above the minimum on the bmi chart.

Great job on your loss so far!

Thank you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!