Cardio before or after Sit-ups

Options
Hey trying to get he best outa my workout today......should I do the cardio before the sit-ups for better results?????????

Help I am stretching for my workout right now!

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Hey trying to get he best outa my workout today......should I do the cardio before the sit-ups for better results?????????

Help I am stretching for my workout right now!

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I'm having trouble with my sit ups. It's very discouraging. I have 2 herniated discs (L4 and L5) which is right in the sweet spot!
    I would think tho, that doing them after cardio would be best because your adrenaline is pumping!
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    You'll probably find you can do more after your cardio. You need to get your blood flowing to your muscles before you do resistance training (sit-ups are resistance training!) You're probably less likely to get sore or suffer an injury if you do your cardio first, as well.
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    You'll probably find you can do more after your cardio. You need to get your blood flowing to your muscles before you do resistance training (sit-ups are resistance training!) You're probably less likely to get sore or suffer an injury if you do your cardio first, as well.

Thanks you all, I will do that.......see ya later heading to the livingroom for my flashdance performance................

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ggooding12
    Options
    Doing your sit-ups after your cardio is best. Your heart rate is pumping and you can in the long run burn calories better.
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    how long do yu workout and how many crunches/sit ups will you do?

I need to start some crunches after I WATP. Thank for starting this thread!
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    how long do yu workout and how many crunches/sit ups will you do?

I need to start some crunches after I WATP. Thank for starting this thread!

I can do about 4 sets of 10 sit-ups.... but when I do my dance workout I hold my core hard....so believe it or not for a big girl I have some great ab muscles....my major weight is held in my belly......I am a apple shape...I have really muscular legs and rearend...just around the middle I am WAY squishy.....

I do hip thrust holding my core in throught my workout too.......

I FEEL GREAT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all.....

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have problems holding in my core. I try harder every workout but i catch myself pooching out.. lol How did you get so strong in the core? i wasd doing 250 crunches, 250 jump and jacks ans 250 leg lifts a day now i just WATP 45-120min