What gives you motivation?

Options
What gives you motivation to for your fitness goals and or weight-loss? For me is being hopeful to look forward to next summer and picturing myself in a swim suit. Also seeing how well mfp friends are progressing gives me motivation.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    My husband has a birthday coming up, and I have sexy new lingerie to wear for the occasion!
  • peter2100
    peter2100 Posts: 101 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I want to get ripped and be pretty :p
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Feeling better about myself and being more confident with my body. I've got some work to do, but I'm getting there.

Same!! I have changed my body composition drastically in the last 6 months, also still have more work to do!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I just like being healthy and fit...I enjoy what I do...I love cycling, not much motivation required.
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i ride mountain bike. this yr i have had multiple comments from people about my improved speed and agility.
    carrying 35 less lbs weight seems to have made a massive difference.
    thats motivation to keep it off.
  • melodydee66
    melodydee66 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Having lost 67 lbs so far has given me new energy I never knew I could have. I am able to walk with my kids again, be more active and actually take classes and not tire out so easily. My aches and pains have decreased drastically and I can finally shop somewhere other than plus sized stores! I still have a long way to go as I had over 100 lbs to lose, but I can see things happening and they are all good! I'm getting such positive feedback from my co-workers, friends and family, it's hard NOT to keep on going strong. Even in my rough times, they are there for me so I can keep moving on. I love to take on challenges (for example, currently on a 14 day clean eating challenge) and I've taken Zumba Classes even! My motivation is to never go back to where I was before and keep being me. I love to offer suggestions to family members and friends when they ask what they can do to make healthier choices. Sharing my successes has made this a very positive (very hard sometimes) journey to be on.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Making progress, watching my body do amazing things, setting goals and crushing them
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Inspiration does not drive me, living in the moment does. I do things because I want to.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Veins and striations
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    feeling better, feeling 10yrs younger, clothes fitting better. My Dr isn't the main motivation but she always bugged me about loosing weight. She had some type of band surgery some years ago & lost a lot of wt, so tomorrow when i see her, I'll be 24lbs lighter woohoo
  • crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I want to be a stronger, more athletic rider so I'm a better partner to my horse. Galloping and jumping cross country takes a lot of fitness! Being physically fit makes me more mentally fit and confident as well.
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as Tracy... meeting goals makes you feel like you did it..and it helps motivation...I also like fitting into clothing that I haven't for years...that's huge...
  • SaraMA1
    SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Working on getting a Beyonce bootay! Ohh yea.. It's coming! =)
  • MariusValentin
    MariusValentin Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Having that confidence, feeling great and it has some good benefits on your brain capabilities to focus better.
  • kingswaychi
    kingswaychi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been waiting 20 years to meet my idol I finally get to meet her in march next year and according to my calculations I should reach my goal weight for then if all goes to plan :smile:
  • BBHM123
    BBHM123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Seriously I don't need it.... working out is my stress relief.....if I am pissed ....stressed or depressed....the last is the worst but the other two...motivate the hell outta me
  • newbie3122
    newbie3122 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I work out because I feel compelled to