Newton Running Shoes

Anybody have experience with Newton Running shoes? I unfortunately am habitually a heel-striker when I run, a habit that I am trying to break. However, my Asics seem to reinforce this habit since the heel is so chunky. I am thinking about getting the Newton shoes that claim to help runners transition from a heel strike to a more proper running form. Any experiences people have had with this issue or these shoes would be great to hear!

Replies

• bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Anybody have experience with Newton Running shoes? I unfortunately am habitually a heel-striker when I run, a habit that I am trying to break. However, my Asics seem to reinforce this habit since the heel is so chunky. I am thinking about getting the Newton shoes that claim to help runners transition from a heel strike to a more proper running form. Any experiences people have had with this issue or these shoes would be great to hear!

I love my Newtons. They're my second favorite shoes.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    I've heard really great things, and the only thing that *IS* keeping me from a pair of them is the $150 (or higher) price tag. I went to an actual running store and he (owner, he also holds running clinics) said they are ideal for us heel strikers...so I settled for a pair of Mizuno Wave Nexus (4's, but to my knowledge they're no longer available so you'd have to get 5's if you got them). They're also great for high arches if you have them.
  • brarew
    brarew Posts: 25 Member
    Rebook running shoes for women, like running on pillow clouds.
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131

I love my Newtons. They're my second favorite shoes.

Which are your first favorites?
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Vibrams, but I do think wearing the Newtons first helped me transition easier into the more minimal shoe. I love my Vibrams, but I still have quite a fondness for Newtons.