Personal ultrasound unit for injury?

Options
jodie_t
jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultrasonic-Massager-Extremely-efficient-affordable/dp/B003XNG43S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310628104&sr=8-1

I had a partial tear of an ankle tendon a year ago and it still aches, had a scan but the hospital lost it, I'm still in limbo waiting for follow up appointment (2 months so far) .

I've learnt how to strap it up physio-style for driving etc, things that make it ache badly, but apparently these portable ultrasound units are exactly the right strength (1Mhz) for treating something like this, taking inflammation down, helping collagen regrowth.

Any thoughts?

Ta,
Jodie

Replies

• Jansapphire
    Options
    That's an interesting little gadget, haven't heard about it before, if you do decide to get it, I'd certainly be interested to know.... I tore all the ligaments in my left ankle a couple of years ago, and periodically do feel the pain,
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Jan, I took a pic of it to a physio and she said she though it was a good idea, just check its the correct power settings, which it is. I had no other info with me at the time so she couldn't tell me more, but I'm going to double check with my GP next week, make sure it's ok before I buy. It does have good reviews tho. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Jansapphire
    Options
    Thanks Jodie ;)