Ripped in 30/ 30 Day Shred. If you have done both.....

Options
ladylu11
ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
if you have done both, which do you think produces the best results? or are they equal?

I am about to finish up the 30 Day Shred and was thinking of moving to Ripped in 30 next. I am looking for fast and great results because I leave for vacation in two weeks.

I am open to other suggestions besides these two workouts.

Replies

• ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have done both.... found better results with ripped in 30
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I have done both but I have had 30 day longer and have done that in many different way shapes and forms and either one will give you results. You have to just do it. I you want more of a challange go thru the circuits 2 times instead of one :-)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I have done 30DS and lost almost 10 inches and 11.6 lbs. I am currently doing Ripped in 30 (level 2). I don't do it consistantly though because I am also doing C25K. If you have never really exercised before, I highly recommend doing 30DS first, but if you are looking for toning and to get your butt kicked do Ripped in 30. I believe Ripped in 30 starts more advanced than 30DS. When I started 30DS, it was my first workout, and I could barely move for almost 2 weeks. Jillian definitely gets you into shape. Both would give you great results.
  • tinachris14
    tinachris14 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i am having great results with the shred right now, im on level 3. and im going to do ripped after im done because ive heard great things about that too, and jillian is a great motivator!
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I've done both. I actually like the Shred best. Seemed to be a better mix of weights and cardio to me. Just my opinion, though...
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I am actually doing both right now, along with a few other videos. I don't like doing the same videos everyday...so I'm hoping this will work just as well.

30DS is definitely more for beginners.
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred and lost 8 lbs. and 6 inches. Now I'm doing her No More Trouble Zones. I have found it to be a much harder workout than the shred. It's 50 minutes b/c she has you do each circuit twice. It works your abs, butt, arms and uses the hand weights throughout. I've only done it 4 times so far and have already lost an inch off my waist in just a week!
  • Amybethjohnson
    Options
    I have 4 Jillian DVDs and love them all. 30DS and Ripped are great when you don't have a lot of time for a workout. On weekends, or mornings when I have time, I like to do No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, as they are longer and both will kick your butt ! Love the way I toned up and how she eases you into the harder levels. Ripped is definitely harder that 30DS !
  • reammi
    reammi Posts: 70
    Options
    I have done both. When I first began exercising I tried the 30 DS and thought it was tough (January 2011). I got great results and continued to exercise in a gym with classes. Then in June I decided to try Ripped in 30. I found the exercises to be much more intense but I loved the workout. I have to say I was ripped in 30 days. As soon as I was done with Ripped in 30 I went back to the 30 DS and found it to be very easy - I was shocked. 30 DS is still an awesome workout but not nearly as intense. I'll be starting level 3 of 30 DS tonight. I think both give you results and it's a matter of where you are physically. I think it's a good idea to start with 30 DS if you aren't in terrific physical shape and then progress to Ripped in 30. Of course, this is just my opinion :))
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    30 DS is more beginners, RI 30 is a little more hardcore - both produce great results! RI 30 was a nice progression and is still very challenging. I like to mix up the workouts.
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I also had great results with both. I started with Shred and advanced to Ripped. I also have been doing No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Six week Six pack. I find all her DVD's are great. I now mix them up!