Thank you Myfitnesspal...and hello all.

Options
Chuckfm
Chuckfm Posts: 3 Member
My story summed up.

5 Years ago... = 294 Lbs.

I started jogging/running...let me tell you...300 lbs and running was the hardest thing ever...but I did it...every night...rain/sleet/snow...100 ft...stop and almost pass out...run another 100 ft....stop and almost pass out..etc Until I could run 30 minutes straight...

Anyway that helped get me down to the 250 lb mark...I stayed around that for a year or so...up to 260 then down to 240...etc...we all know that ridiculous game.

Fast forward a year...got down to the 230 lb mark...same as above...230 - 220 lbs...then back to 230.

Fast forward to April of this year. I found this site (thank goodness) and started a really strict 1500 - 1600 calorie intake...and as of today weight 205 lbs...

This site is the reason I am almost to my goal of 190 lbs...seriously...I hate dieting...I love to eat period...I would exercise sometimes 2 hours a day...just so I could eat whatever the hell I wanted. I knew I had to diet and didn't know where to start. My wife pointed out this app and it's motivated me beyond belief. I only used the app for the last 4 months and had no freaking idea there was a community on here....I mean seriously - you strangers on here have no idea how big of a part you play in motivating me to become the healthy man I've always wanted to be. I am at a weight now I haven't seen since I was 12 years old...LOL...are you effing kidding me?

yadadada - I'm a rambler - anyway I'm looking to join a group or meet more people that either need help or can help me in this journey. So ping me, hit me, reply here and let's get to work...getting healthy is NOT easy...and has been the hardest challenge in my life...I'm almost there and I can help you and I know for fact you can help me. I have a lot to learn and always open for pointers and motivation.

Thanks again

Cheers

Replies

• jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Awesome story and inspiring, keep up the good and hard work.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Kms2402
    Kms2402 Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow!! Very inspiring!! I have been down that roller coaster road of dieting. I lost 40lbs about 3 years ago after my divorce, but then went into a tailspin and gained it all back :-( I'm like you, I love food..lol. I found this site on May 21 and have been following it ever since. I tried running, but have had a couple of injuries, so now I'm walking. I just signed up for my first 1/2 marathon yesterday and will most likely walk it all. (I'll try to jog/run a bit, but not hopeful on that) I'm like you in that I will walk for 2 hours if it means I can eat something good for dinner..lol. As of today, I have lost 22lbs!! I have a ways to go, but this site keeps me motivated!! Congrats on your success!!
  • Chuckfm
    Chuckfm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :)

Thanks you guys!

Keep it up Kms2402...even if you walk the entire half marathon...that is not going to be easy and still excellent exercise considering the 10+ mile distance.