FitBit Watch (blaze)

Options
goingtobefit2015
goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
edited November 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone use a Fit-bit watch like the blaze? How do you like it? I want one with a GPS so I can track my runs!

Replies

• singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I had one and returned it. I liked it, but was looking for a little more. It doesn't have built in GPS so you'll have to carry your phone when running. I found it to be a bit fragile for my activities, and it isn't waterproof. I went with a Garmin and never looked back.
  • goingtobefit2015
    Options
    Which Garmin?
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i had the fitbit surge. after a couple of failures with it i got a tomtom spark cardio.
  • goingtobefit2015
    Options
    thanks!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Blaze does a good job with the heart rate monitor but lacks GPS. I don't find it to be a problem because I always run with my phone for tracking, pace with Runtastic and music.
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The fitbit surge has a gps but if thats what youre mainly looking for in a watch I would go with a garmin or tomtom. I have a fitbit Charge HR and I LOVE it but I don't tend to track my run routes very often, and I don't mind taking my phone out when I do.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My wife has the Blaze and likes it however I'm going to go for the Garmin Vivoactive HR as it has a GPS and also supports pool swimming.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I have the Garmin Fenix 3 HR which I consider to be be the best one out there. That said if you need to keep it more reasonable the Vivoactive HR is also a great choice.
  • noirprncess
    noirprncess Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a Blaze. It's cool for some activities but do not work for ALL of my workouts. Now I use my old Fitbit Flex for some workouts and use the Blaze for other general activities.
  • goingtobefit2015
    Options
    Thanks! I do use my Polar FT7 HRM and love it! Just looking to see what's out there if I need to change. I also use my phone to track steps and use the app C25K!
  • _NMW
    _NMW Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Heard a lot about the Fitbits breaking or having issues with the strap. I went for a Garmin Forerunner 35 - has the features I need and didn't break the bank. The optical HRM seems to work well and saves me from having to worry about wearing a chest strap. I liked the look of the FR235 but couldn't justify the price as I'm just starting out.