My weight is 286 lbs how to lose it..... Help.

Options
Please help

Replies

• yashpratap1548
    yashpratap1548 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Help
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

Put your stats into MFP. Get a food scale. Weigh everything you eat. Eat the number of calories MFP gives you.

• topfindyourfine
    topfindyourfine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Do atleast 3 minute work out every day and eat fewer but frequently. (not sweets though)
  • isabellapanzica9387
    Options
    Plug in everything you eat into MFP and do it accurataly. Look for the brand while logging food. If you cook you can go to my foods and have MFP estimate the amount of calories in a serving of your food.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Eat less calories than it takes to maintain your weight. If you tell someone here your height weight activity level and age they can help you estimate how much you might need to eat.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Do atleast 3 minute work out every day and eat fewer but frequently. (not sweets though)

I've lost 118 pounds with almost zero exercise and usually only two meals a day. To lose weight you only need to consume fewer calories than you burn. Your three minute work outs and frequent eating may work for you, but it is not the required method for everyone. Rule number one, eat less than you burn. Rule number two, do it in a way that works for you and that you can stick to. That 'way' will not be the same for everyone.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I started near enough where you are now and know how daunting it can be so here's what I done so far.

Start by simply logging everything you eat and drink for a week, don't necessarily "diet" at this point just take some time to discover how much you're eating and how many calories are in it. You may, like I did, find just the action of logging food helps make you more aware of what you're eating and helps you eat less.

Next step is to set yourself a goal, I don't know about you but I found a goal of losing 150lb just too daunting, so set yourself smaller goals. There are proven benefits to losing 10% of your bodyweight, so that makes a great starting goal. You can also add shorter term goal such as getting more active, along with a longer term goal of maybe losing 50lb or getting your BMI under a certain number.

As the weight starts to come off try to add some more activity, I love my Fitbit and it motivated me to go from barely 3000 steps a day up to 20000. If you can try and add some strength training to the mix sooner rather than later, although I started a basic programme a couple of months in, I wish I'd started compound lifting earlier.

Be kind to yourself, celebrate every achievement and if you have a bad day don't beat yourself up, it's just one day of meal not the end of the world. As time goes on you'll learn which indulgences are worth the calories and how to fit them in to your daily allowance. Me I eat anything and everything, there are no banned foods but there are foods that I only eat occasionally, mind I'm now so active that I can eat 2000+ calories and still lose weight, I enjoy my food and love being active enough to eat more.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Like everybody else - eating fewer calories than you burn, and being patient. The only difference between you and someone who has less to lose, is that you need to do it for a longer time.
  • topfindyourfine
    topfindyourfine Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I've lost 118 pounds with almost zero exercise and usually only two meals a day. To lose weight you only need to consume fewer calories than you burn. Your three minute work outs and frequent eating may work for you, but it is not the required method for everyone. Rule number one, eat less than you burn. Rule number two, do it in a way that works for you and that you can stick to. That 'way' will not be the same for everyone.

That is true in a way that we have different body type. Just sharing my way :)
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options

That is true in a way that we have different body type. Just sharing my way :)

Eating fewer calories than you burn isn't just "true in a way". It's a scientific fact. And I'm not sure I understand why you are saying we have a different body type. Is it because I disagreed with your saying"Do atleast 3 minute work out every day and eat fewer but frequently. (not sweets though) as being a requirement to lose weight?
  • hobbesla4
    hobbesla4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Having support at home will really help you. Do you do the food shopping and cooking? If so, go through your pantry/refrigerator/freezer and throw away all the candy, cake, chips, cookies, etc. Do not buy them or bring them into your home. Fuel your body with fruits and vegetables and lean meat. Watch your sodium intake. And drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    First and foremost make up your mind to commit to yourself.

Once you plug your stats in mfp and get your daily calorie goal, begin logging your food. Recommendation is to get a food scale and weigh your food.

Continue eating the things you like to eat within your calorie goal. Eventually you will learn what foods keep you satisfied longer and what foods you only want to eat once in a while. You will also learn to make lower calorie versions of the foods you love. I can make a lean pizza using flat out pizza crust under 300 for the whole pizza.

Read the forums here. There is a wealth of information from successful people who have maintained their weight loss as well as some pretty intelligent folks that can help you through the diet myths that never seem to die.