PCOS help and support

Options
Hi there

In the past two years, I have gone from 66kg to 80kg. It's been horrible. I'm exercising more than I was back then and my eating is about the same (thanks to years of logging with MFP). At the end of my patience, I went to my Dr who has sent me to get tested for PCOS.

For those that have PCOS, what have you found to work/not work in getting the balance right? Did anyone else find that they started to lose weight after diagnosis and medication?

Thanks in advance!
xx

Replies

• Lorelli12
    Lorelli12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I know your frustration!!! I've been up and down in weight so many times I've lost count. And not by just a little, by 50 pounds or more. Currently I'm up. Anyway, so what has worked for me to lose the weight is low carb, low sugar, and interval training with weight training. If you need suggestions or more questions feel free to add me!
  • Fayga
    Fayga Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Remember you still have to eat enough calories if you're exercising more! Otherwise your body will think it's "starving" and you won't lose...
  • akilia112010
    akilia112010 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm still struggling to lose weight myself. I haven't found anything that seems to work for me with pcos. I've even tried low carb but I had always had a strong urge for a sandwich or something because of all the carbs in the bread. I would hope anyone would share their suggestions with me as well.
  • nagdha
    nagdha Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have pcos too.the weight loss is slow and I tend to lose wt if I do more of cardio.