Low carb snacks??!!

Options
kricard86
kricard86 Posts: 50 Member
edited November 2016 in Recipes
Hi! I've been on the low carb bandwagon on and off and am looking for tasty variations. I'm tired of cheese sticks and sausage patties when I'm hungy between meals. What are your go to snacks and or meals? And I'm trying to avoid things like microwaved pepperoni pieces :D

Replies

• jacksonkris8
    jacksonkris8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My current go to is an apple cut into fours with some peanut butter (no more than 2 tbsp) ... i dont know if thats low enough carb for you... i also found these new bars by Atkins- harvest bars.. they are amazing! Its fruit and nut and dark chocolate 6 net carbs and 150 calories 8 protein.. not bad for a snack if the calories dont scare you.. hits the spot :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kricard86 wrote: »
    Hi! I've been on the low carb bandwagon on and off and am looking for tasty variations. I'm tired of cheese sticks and sausage patties when I'm hungy between meals. What are your go to snacks and or meals? And I'm trying to avoid things like microwaved pepperoni pieces :D

Boiled eggs, nuts and seeds, Greek yoghurt
  • lindagrimm904
    lindagrimm904 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter on a apple or on celery sticks!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I don't do low carb but cottage cheese with sugar free strawberry jello powder to taste (like 1/4 teaspoon).
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Salt on cucumber slices.
    Protein sludge
    Egg omelette

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    During my keto phases I tend to use full fat Greek Yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and bacon jerky. On the jerky though, the only reliably low-carb brand was Jack Link's Small Batch. Everyone else seems to want to add a bunch of damned sugar to it.
  • Effie008
    Effie008 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Walnuts with organic honey sprinkled over the top. Takes the craving off
  • Superstar0730
    Superstar0730 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerry, cheese sticks, lunch meat, sugar free jello, tuna packets, Atkins bars
  • Saelee5
    Saelee5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Quest bars and banana
  • 603PIPER
    603PIPER Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni and cheese is tasty and filling, and for sweets I will have no sugar jello cups
  • boothekm1
    boothekm1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    frozen cool whip if you're craving something sweet!!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    beef/deer jerky, tuna pouch, HB egg, 1 oz of really sharp cheddar, pork rinds, olives, 1/2 an avocado w/sea salt, Brazil nuts
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    In addition to apples and raisins, take bananas off the list too. Generally, you should know that fruits are high carb. The exception might be tomatoes, if you consider it a fruit. I'm aware some may call it a fruit based on how it grows, but nutritionally speaking, I consider it a low-carb vegetable (unlike high carb vegetables - potatoes, grains, peas, for example).

The suggestions I have for snacks, which I assume require little or no prep, are fairly limited because they have been mentioned or you excluded them in your OP. So I suggest pork rinds or dill pickles.
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds!!
  • mklass489
    mklass489 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like apples or any fruits
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Homemade Pickled Eggs
    Pistachios
    Jerky
    Pork Rinds
    Starkist Ranch Flavored Tuna Pouch
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    ruled.me website has a number of appetizer ideas but generally cheese, pickles, pork rinds, jerky, hard boiled eggs.