One Bad Day Leads to Another...

Options
Hi everyone

So yesterday I had two different parties I went to and I ate soooo much at both. I ate more than twice the calories I normally do. I figured one day of partying wouldn't be too bad especially if I'm good the days after.

Well, I haven't been. I'm already at calories today and now my husband is making hamburger helper and it smells so good... I know I'm going to eat some. I am planning to work out today but I don't usually eat workout calories back, so I'm just at a loss for motivation today...

And all on Thanksgiving week, too...

Anyone else having issues this week?

Replies

• Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Sounds tough, can you plan ahead to have space for unexpected food?

I struggle these days to get the sugar out of my diet, I'm been eating too many sweets looking for a job. It kept me upbeat just the half hour the interviews took, then divng low with cravings.

Today, I plan ahead. From experience I know the first 48hours are difficult, then it'll get better. Running and weight training helps.

Hang on, wishing you strengh to get you food back on track!
  • CrescentVolf
    CrescentVolf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I definitely struggle with the I've already gone too far, so why not keep going thing. We have no food in the house right now because we are about to leave for almost a week, so I ate at my husband's job this morning and grabbing dinner with a friend who's in town for the first time in a year. Going to make healthy choices for said dinner though!

Also, yesterday I felt like I needed something to snack on ALL day. With my substantial breakfast, I haven't had the urge to snack at all before dinner. Yesterday was weird. Haha!

And oh man, I do not like running. It's hard on my body! But I walked a few miles yesterday and did some dance cardio and that helped me burn a lot of those extra calories I was worried about. The weight lifting thing I am going to get into soon as my MIL is getting me a set of hand weights!
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I don't have the answer, but your problem is definitely situational, And you have to make a plan with that in mind. Sometimes you just have to figure out what is really important to you. I quit a food service job to get away from food, and have lost 25lbs since. Sometimes a reevaluation and a strong dose of truth helps.
  • CrescentVolf
    CrescentVolf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think being able to eat and enjoy at a party is pretty important to me. I just have to be strict with myself about getting back on track. I would never ever work fast food anyway haha
  • lcorrales2587
    lcorrales2587 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did just that yesterday for Thanksgiving I ate over 500 extra calories. I will be fasting all day today because I'm sure yesterday kicked me out of ketosis! But it's so hard to not give in!!! But I have to remember how much better I feel and how much more energy I have. When I stick to my macros!!