Not doing to well :(

Options
Another awful year weight wise, hit 230 lbs and I still have Christmas to go :(

The main factors for the weight gain is alcohol, I'm drinking fare to much alcohol due to the stresses of losing my job this year.

I need to become more focused, stop drinking alcohol and accurately count my calories again, its going to be a struggle over the next few months.

I'm aiming for a max intake of 1800 calories per day.

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Try if you can to just think only about the day at hand. Thinking like 'the next few months/years are going to be a struggle' is not helpful at all. You should not feel terrified from the perspective. Leave tomorrow for tomorrow. Try to improve your day today. This is the only thing you have control over. You can't do much about tomorrow today. And nothing for today tomorrow.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    You got this!

Just a day at a time.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,718 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the job loss and the struggles you're having. Have you thought about seeking counseling or therapy to help with the drinking? Not calling you an alcoholic. Just saying that sometimes outside support helps because you certainly aren't alone in this battle.

Also, have you ever logged your alcohol intake? Warning: it's a bit frightening to see all those calories! I enjoy my cocktails but I've learned I definitely have to measure and limit my intake.

I wish you the best and hopefully you'll find a new job soon.
  • Binotaur
    Binotaur Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My opinion is you try mindful meditation. I have felt that I regained control and didn't even had to fight the urges.
    Good luck with finding the job you like.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Start a business. My sister was unemployed and unskilled and over 50 when she went to community college to learn "landscape design", then got a job in a landscaping business doing sales for a year, then started her own business doing landscaping sales and services, and then quickly found herself on the speed dial of the biggest real estate developers in Dallas. She stays busy now. A couple of years ago I called her and said, "What's going on?" She said, "I planted 10,000 tulips last week."
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    What are you doing to be kind to yourself and take care of yourself today?