PiYo has anyone tried it?

Options
I am curious for people's response to PiYo, also how to log it into the program/app

Replies

• vmm41189
    vmm41189 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is SO HARD but I end up drenched in sweat and am really tired later in the evening. I don't log exercise as I don't eat back exercise calories, but I would think it's not too different from Zumba or a step aerobics class.

Best way to find out is to get a heart rate monitor, I know some of the fitbits have that feature.
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I used it to gain flexibility and move while giving my body some needed rest. I sweat a lot and enjoyed it. It depends on your goals though and have to pair it with proper nutrition.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    vmm41189 wrote: »
    It is SO HARD but I end up drenched in sweat and am really tired later in the evening. I don't log exercise as I don't eat back exercise calories, but I would think it's not too different from Zumba or a step aerobics class.

Best way to find out is to get a heart rate monitor, I know some of the fitbits have that feature.

have you tried setting your profile to not account for exercise calories? (i have premium, so not sure if that is a normal option)
  • Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I hated it. But I hate yoga and pilates, so it was probably stupid for me to even try it lol. I do love Chalene though!
  • SaraBeth2007
    SaraBeth2007 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes and love it! It's faster paced than yoga, which is what I love about it. I've gotten so much stronger and more flexible!
  • christielcoleman
    Options
    I've been doing Yoga for weight loss dvds but some of them are slow and other are soo long.. I just don't have the attention span for a full 60 minutes and neither do the dogs. :smile: How is it with building strength? Don't have a gym membership or access to a weight room yet. I have lost 15 pounds with just watch the calories I take in. I am not under 200 for the first time in about 5 years so I am happy about that, I am worried about skin sag!
  • BootyShakingBadAss
    BootyShakingBadAss Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yes! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!