Starting insanity tonight.!

Hey.
Im starting Insanity tonight eek.
I have 70lbs to lose.
Feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Good luck it's brutal but sooooo much fun!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Be really careful on your knees, I did it last year at my highest weight and should have modified more. No lasting damage but I could have done so very easily, it's very very hard on the knees and extra weight just compounds that.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    make sure you stretch your calves out afterwards.because if not they will be sore as heck for a couple of days,I learned that the hard way.
  • zoritt
    zoritt Posts: 68 Member
    Agree with the above ...watch your form as its easy to damage your joints due to high impact moves. Have lots of water and a towel nearby ...I have skidded in my own sweat.

I totally enjoyed insanity, couldn't walk properly for a few days due to tight calves so stretching is important. I still use Vids randomly when I want a solid cardio workout and have the time. I prefer the max 30 due to the time factor.

I did not lose weight in the first month but did lose inches. The second month I dropped weight. I would advise to take pics or measurements (I didn't initially).

Have fun and just keep at it.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Modify, modify, modify! When I started I could barely get thru the "warm up". By the time I finished the program I could almost do the whole thing and keep up :) it's intense but works, so stick with it
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Love shaun t!!!
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    I finished month 1, two months ago. My knees are still messed up. I don't remember what I lost in the 4 weeks but I'm pretty sure it was around 12 pounds and my entire body felt tighter. I was sleeping better, had a great mood each day and had much more energy throughout the day.

It truly is a brutal program but if your body can hold up to it, it's great. I would love to do it again but I'm already worried that my knees have permanent damage.

Oh and like it was said above, LOTS of water! Between my workout and recovery after I was drinking 2 liters. Also open a window and get fresh air going into your room before you start. If you don't you are most likely going to have to stop in the middle and open it up to get more oxygen.
  • heartsomething
    heartsomething Posts: 3 Member
    Starting today! I did half of it two years ago, excited to start again!