Stubborn belly fat!!

Options
So I'm actually pretty cut on my chest, arms and legs! I took a gainer and built up good strength and muscle and then took a little time of and now I've been doing insane amounts of cardio and continued strength training! I'm maintaining weight and I do see a little change but this belly fat won't go away!!

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    How's energy balance?
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    You need to eat at a deficit for it to go.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Burning more fat is the only way to do it. That means CICO.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    If six packs were easy to get, everyone would have one.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    If energy balance is too extreme, OP may still not lose the stubborn belly fat. Everyone throws CICO at "fat loss" but if this person is in too extreme of a deficit, hormones could be out of whack etc etc etc.

If OP eats more, increasing metabolic work load like HIIT or complexes, this increases blood flow and could help.

Again, CICO isn't always the answer.
  • mrcrisantos8318
    mrcrisantos8318 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Energy level is rocky! I put carbs in my system in the morning for energy to hit the gym. I'm going to cut out carbs all day after. I am burning over 900 calories in the gym though.!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Energy level is rocky! I put carbs in my system in the morning for energy to hit the gym. I'm going to cut out carbs all day after. I am burning over 900 calories in the gym though.!
    How??
  • mrcrisantos8318
    Options
    Cardio and moderate weight exercise! And a few heavy sets to maintain strength! I haven't really lost strength!
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

Suppose carbs in the post workout timeframe is where you need them?

What intensity are you using in the gym?
    Do you do any type of HIIT on off days?
  • mrcrisantos8318
    Options
    So eat carbs post not pre?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit is required.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Give this a read. It's a chapter from one of Lyle's books that you might want to consider.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-is-stubborn-fat-stubborn.html/