Motivation to get up in cold weather

Options
I have a really hard time trying to get up in the mornings with this cold weather. I work and go to school full time, and my gym is closed by the time I get off work at night so mornings are my only option.
Does anyone have any tips that have helped you on getting out of my warm bed to go to the gym?

Replies

• Javachipgirl
    Javachipgirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    All of the sudden back in August I had this "ah-ha" moment. I realized that if I get up and go to the gym first thing in the morning for a 6 AM class that means I have accomplished my exercise plan for the day and nothing else will get in the way of me getting to the gym and doing what I need to do for myself. My entire attitude my entire psyche has changed from doing this routine now for three months. And I've made friends in my classes and the instructor even notices a change in my parents and in my performance. Getting up in the morning has allowed me to make progress and achievements physically as well as mentally feeling accomplished because I'm able to stick to my plan.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Aside from the extra calories you earn?
    My motivation to do all this was something I read on facebook that said "do something today that you'll be grateful for tomorrow". Exercise seemed like a no brainer.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    After your morning workout you will feel energized. The results get me up.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I'm usually excited to get out of bed and check my weight every morning. But if I'm having trouble getting out of bed I will play the music I workout to (I keep it on my phone) - it gets me in the mood to get up and get moving and get my butt to the gym or wherever I need to go.
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Focus t25 or insanity at home
  • spread7
    spread7 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    think of the summer time when your away and your looking and feeling the best you can
  • bonshont
    bonshont Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Have your bag packed the night before along with your workout gear. I hop out of bed even on snowy mornings as it is now part of my routine and I can relax in the evenings knowing my workout is done. I have just started a new regime as I had gained 20 pounds due to laziness, bad diet and stress.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    The slogan "just do it" gets me there at 4:30 am... and then it's just the excitement of how strong I feel.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I keep the house warm so it really isn't "cold" to me until I hit the door. When it was colder in the house I had more trouble getting up.
  • krwjohnson
    krwjohnson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like to hop up and go immediately outside. No robe or jacket. I'm always so groggy when I wake up but when I go straight into the cold BOOM! I'm immediately at 100%
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have a really hard time trying to get up in the mornings with this cold weather. I work and go to school full time, and my gym is closed by the time I get off work at night so mornings are my only option.
    Does anyone have any tips that have helped you on getting out of my warm bed to go to the gym?

I cannot lie, I have the same issue. I've been wanting to switch my workouts from evening to morning, but the covers just won't let me go.