Scales on carpet?

Options
So I was looking at the instructions for my scale today and it said that they are most accurate on a hard surface. Since I've always weighed myself on carpet, I tried on a hard floor to see if it would make a difference.

Turns out on the hard floor I weigh about 1-2kg less, which of course makes me feel good, but is it really more accurate? And should I continue to weigh on the carpet, or on the hard floor?

Replies

• PussyKat
    PussyKat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So I was looking at the instructions for my scale today and it said that they are most accurate on a hard surface. Since I've always weighed myself on carpet, I tried on a hard floor to see if it would make a difference.

Turns out on the hard floor I weigh about 1-2kg less, which of course makes me feel good, but is it really more accurate? And should I continue to weigh on the carpet, or on the hard floor?
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    carpet adds cushion which would affect the weight. i always do it on the hard floor.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    definitely do it on the hard floor. its far more accurate
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    After I moved to a new place my scale was on a rug. After a couple weeks of not weighing myself I thought I was down 9lbs until my bf pointed out that it wasn't on hard floor anymore. Turns out I had gained. It definitely makes a difference.
  • wfarrell2404
    wfarrell2404 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would go with hard floor. It is more accurate.
  • Phoenix69
    Phoenix69 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone else. Carpet definately effects your weight and does not give you the correct number. Go to hardwood if possible:wink: