My 1000000000 attempt to start over again!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Hi everyone would just like some support. It's always the same story. I promise myself to start my weight lost journey and I do well for a few days and suddenly I miss eating all the junk food and rubbish because it gives me a sense of relief... it's like I'm dying to be skinny but I cannot do it anymore. I used to do so well losing all the weight but regained back some due to mindless eating and bingeing. Any tips from any of you? Would really like some support. Feel free to add me!! We can aim to lose weight before the start of 2017

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    One thing that helped me was to continue eating the way I normally do within the calorie goal. Don't cut anything out yet. Eventually you will learn what will keep you satisfied and what you should eat once in awhile. This way there is nothing to "fall off of".

Pizza sure but now I only eat once slice with a big side salad or I make a lower calorie version at home so I can have more.

Hope this helps!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    ^This.

No need to eliminate foods. Just use a food scale to weigh everything and log diligently. That's it. :)

I would be a sad panda if I eliminated my chocolate....or oreos...or..... :smiley:
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Don't cut out the foods you enjoy, instead just moderate the portions. I allow calories for the chocolate and the slice of cake that I enjoy. I still eat the foods I enjoy just a more sensible portion. Do not deprive yourself as you will more likely fail.
    I'm no expert and this is my 2nd round here but I know it worked last time and I know I can do it again. Add me if you like and good luck.
  • ouija1
    ouija1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree.
    No need to cut out treats. Just the bad stuff that's in them. I'm not eliminating the 'bad' stuff altogether. Simply replacing some of it with equally delicious good stuff, then the 'bad' stuff becomes more of a treat.
    Enjoying exercise is helping too (well, it will when I recover from a running injury
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i'd also say just log everything for a week and see where your bad habits lay before making changes - visually having evidence of say binge eating at a certain time of day, or a certain food - will help you address the issue

I find if i make too many changes too quickly - i can't stick with it. So I started with focusing on my protein goal, now that I get that most of the time - i'm focusing on my carb goals
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    In addition to above, what helped me finally stop yo-yo'ing was when I stopped putting silly time frames on my weight loss. Don't do the "I'm going to lose 10 lbs before Christmas," or "I'll be at goal by the time I have to go to the beach." Just hit your calorie goal every day and it'll happen when it happens without putting all that undue stress on yourself.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    At ~290 pounds, I'm trying to eat what I think I would eat at 200 - 220 lbs. So yeah, I had a Big Mac and fries on the weekend. Had home made pizza last night. But they both fit into my calorie goal for the day. I bought a box of small bags of chips before Halloween and, instead of eating half a family sized bag watching tv, I have a small (28g) bag. Set your calorie goals and stick to them. If you go over one day, go under the next. If you plan to go over one day, go under prior to that.

And get a food scale and weigh things.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone would just like some support. It's always the same story. I promise myself to start my weight lost journey and I do well for a few days and suddenly I miss eating all the junk food and rubbish because it gives me a sense of relief... it's like I'm dying to be skinny but I cannot do it anymore. I used to do so well losing all the weight but regained back some due to mindless eating and bingeing. Any tips from any of you? Would really like some support. Feel free to add me!! We can aim to lose weight before the start of 2017

This is a couple questions I'd love for you to really think about it before answering.

What habits do you have in place that support your attempts to lose weight?
    When you binge or decide to eat junk food that's offering relief, what are you seeking relief from? And what else coukd you do to find relief without food?
    In other words, what positive intent does your psychology have in keeping you where you are now?
  • Zephrine
    Zephrine Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi chewkarissa. I think I've started almost as many times as you have! I'm on day 8 of the current cycle ;) I'm much more committed this time to logging everything, even the 'bad' stuff, and it helps me realise just how many calories I'm wasting for a small amount of food. I do still fit in certain things I can't do without, but it's always a compromise. It means I have less calories to 'spend' on my other meals. I think for me, it's gradually helping me learn what to eat to get the most bang for my buck calories wise.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    As soon as I joined this site I realised that I could lose weight and still eat bread, pasta, fast food etc. I just eat less of it
    Restricting too much doesn't work for everyone and can cause failure
    I don't see any food as rubbish or bad, I just can't eat them in the quantities I used to
    Use this site as designed and keep at it. Good luck
  • daviddaw9948
    daviddaw9948 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For me, one of the key things to keep in mind is not losing weight for Christmas, but making sure that I reduce my weight in order to live a better life. I have been fortunate with my health thus far, but the extra weight will take its toll in terms of increased risk of diabetes, heart attacks, strokes, cancers, etc. I asked myself, "If not now, then when will be a good time to be healthier?" One cannot put it off forever without facing serious consequences.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    It takes time to readjust your eating habits and setbacks are very common. The main thing to do is to slowly change your habits. Don't cut out the foods you enjoy or you tend to binge.

It's a life style change not a crash diet. And learning new eating habits does take time. Cutting out the junk food completely is a huge disaster waiting to happen. Instead of cutting it out, just moderate yourself with proper portions and a lot it into your calorie count.
  • MikeMihaly
    MikeMihaly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall, what counts is how many times you get back up. If this is your 1 billionth try, than get up 1 billion and 1. You'll get there!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    grmckenzie wrote: »
    At ~290 pounds, I'm trying to eat what I think I would eat at 200 - 220 lbs. So yeah, I had a Big Mac and fries on the weekend. Had home made pizza last night. But they both fit into my calorie goal for the day. I bought a box of small bags of chips before Halloween and, instead of eating half a family sized bag watching tv, I have a small (28g) bag. Set your calorie goals and stick to them. If you go over one day, go under the next. If you plan to go over one day, go under prior to that.

This is good advice,. ..My own problem with this^ is that if I have multiple bags of crisps in the house then I will eat multiple bags of crisps. Akin to an alcoholic having a bottle of vodka so they can have a shot per day. It is good practice, to have a small bag rather than a sharing bag (not sharing, it's mine) ....I just find myself eating many small bags. You don't get to be over 100kg /200lbs by having a huge abundance of self control around trigger foods. I have to NOT have them in the house. ...xx
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    grmckenzie wrote: »

This is good advice,. ..My own problem with this^ is that if I have multiple bags of crisps in the house then I will eat multiple bags of crisps. Akin to an alcoholic having a bottle of vodka so they can have a shot per day. It is good practice, to have a small bag rather than a sharing bag (not sharing, it's mine) ....I just find myself eating many small bags. You don't get to be over 100kg /200lbs by having a huge abundance of self control around trigger foods. I have to NOT have them in the house. ...xx

I get that, but am having a much easier time of it right now. If that changes, I will throw them away (or donate them) but I had one bag last night while watching tv. For me it is easier than going without and craving them. That's when I'll buy and eat a big bag.

I agree it is very much dependent on the person. Find what works for you and try to stick to it.