new to this site--old dog to the weight loss dilimma

Options
Hey, well guess I will give this a shot; have done everything from Jenny Craig to Diet Center from Slimfast to South Beach. The only thing that ever really worked for me was following the diabetic diet guidelines--lost over 70 pounds doing that and exercising religiously, then got lazy, had my thyroid dump me and put all but 10 pounds back on. Think this will work in conjunction with following the diabetic guidelines--will make it easier to keep track of food intake and seems pretty easy to stick to a 1600 calorie a day and excericise 3X's a week to lose 10 pounds in a month.

would like someone to report to besides the internet, so if you want a partner and are in a similar situation, contact me!

Replies

• Nishka09
    Nishka09 Posts: 33
    Options
    I think you'll like this site, I just joined too. The greatest thing to me is how your food diary can calculate your sugar intake. I know I have issues with sugar. But just from a few food entries I see how deep my sugar issues are - even my choices of "healthy" foods are the sugary ones! Eg., tomatoes, red peppers, mangos, a kefir drink, etc. So I am loving the sugar tally in my food diary, it's really enlightening me.
  • Dzzdt
    Dzzdt Posts: 5
    Options
    I am in the same situation I think. I am diabetic and since being on insulin I have gained a nice round 55lbs. It's my lucky number. I was born in '55, I am 55 and I gained 55. You'd think I'd get a prize or something. LOL! I just signed on here today as well. Maybe we can do this together.
  • brendajsanchez
    Options
    sure! My friend sent this link to me this morning and already I am getting excited---just maybe I can get some motivation! So i challenge you to do some sort of exercise today---and I will too! My goal is 30 minutes either walking or going to the gym if it is too hot!

I already blew my food day--but I am resolving to not let that give me the excuse to eat poorly tonight. So second daily goal for me is to eat a balanced dinner!

Good luck!
  • brendajsanchez
    Options
    It looks like the site has a lot to offer, so it will be fun figuring it all out--just downloaded it to my blackberry, so will see how that goes! have a Great Day!