Eating Right on the Road

southernaccent
southernaccent Posts: 3 Member
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
I'm learning that there is really nothing about fast food that is either healthy or appealing. So I have a little cooler I take on my business trips to pack sandwiches, fresh fruit, and healthy snacks. But I'm not very creative and am eating the same thing over and over. Can y'all post some good pack-to-go lunches?

Replies

• jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    If you like grilled chicken, veggies, yogurt...
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    google bag lunch ideas. here is one I found with some good ideas.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=51808
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    wraps! I love low carb wheat tortills and you canput anything inthem! Leftovers from the night before, eggs and cheese, salad stuff.... ANYTHING! :)
  • HeatherrSue
    HeatherrSue Posts: 106 Member
    I don't eat out often, at all...but when I did last week I grabbed a grilled chicken breast from KFC and a side of green beans. I think it was 200 calories total if I remember right. Good luck!
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Veggies and Fruit are always a plus.

I go on a lot of day hikes and have gone as far as finding me a small (luchbox style) mini-cooler that you can put a small cold pack in. I then got a bunch of the Glad Disposable "Tupperware" containers and pre made me things like salads with the dressing in a small container just the right size to portion it out. It works perfect for me since it is small and will fit in my hiking pack with no issues.
  • southernaccent
    southernaccent Posts: 3 Member
    Thank y'all for the help! I know I can stay away from the fast food chains if I have a variety of homemade choices. I just don't want to burn out.
This discussion has been closed.