Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Excess sweat and BO?

so, I tend to sweat a lot. Not even when I'm just sitting down. Ive tried drysol and prescription deodorant and nothing works. I'm almost tempted to get botox injections but insurance doesn't pay for it. I tend to sweat the most working out of course, but it's getting so bad that after awhile, my shirts have a permit smell to them. It's disgusting and I've tried multiple detergents. I'm so sick of having to buy new workout clothes. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Nytram81
    Nytram81 Posts: 44
    I have an excessive sweating problem too. It's called Hyperhydrosis. I'm on tablets from the GP which are unlicensed, so you have to tell the GP yourself about them otherwise He/She may not know. They're called Propantheline Bromide tablets, I have them in 15mg and take up to 6 a day. they really do work.

also Driclor is brilliant
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    I buy a special detergent at Sports Authority that I have to wash my husband's work clothes in.....look for something specifically for exercise gear! it will help! As far as the problem itself, I do have a friend from work that got the injections and she said it's a miracle and she feels like a new person! She used to wear sweaters over her clothes (even in summer) because of the constant fear she would sweat through her shirt!
  • Jessika616
    Jessika616 Posts: 41
    Thanks for all the information :) I'll have to make a doctors appointment soon and ask about it. I'll also look at the sports stores, I bought one active detergent at krogers before and it didn't do much.

Also, did the injections hurt? Lol something about shots in the armpit sounds painful .
  • jbbolton
    jbbolton Posts: 10
    I sweat a great deal during heavy workouts and after running. Half my life Doctors have tried to fix my problems with pills or shots. The only thing that has improved my health is losing the weight and eating healthy. Just my opinion and people say its gross but sweating is a natural part of a healthy lifestyle.

My suggestion is be who you are, don't try to fix it with pills or drugs. After a workout I look at my shirt and if it’s soaked I'm proud of myself. At first I felt insecure about it, but now this is who I am, accept me or don't; either way I'm happy.

I do have problems with cotton shirts that have a bad smell even after they are washed. I am going to try to find the detergent because I do enjoy clean smelling cloths when I work out.