Miscalculating Steps

Options
Hi all,

MyFitnessPal has stopped calculating my steps correctly for some reason. It worked fine up until 3 days ago and I can't figure out what's happened. It's not connected to a Fitbit, it just uses my iPhone to track steps. An example of what it's doing is today, I've walked 5000 steps but it's stating I've burned just 9 calories. Can anyone help please?

Replies

• daz2270
    daz2270 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    There was an error in the last update which will be fixed in the next update http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2651970-updated-info-regarding-discrepancies-in-member-s-ios-calorie-adjustment

Although mfp seem to think that apple watch overestimates calories. Will see what happens when next update is pushed out.
  • jarose79
    jarose79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Another thing to note is the type of lifestyle you have entered into MFP vs the number of steps you have. Maybe it changed your lifestyle or something. I know MFP only adds calories based on expected activity, so if I put in that I have a sedentary lifestyle, it would expect me to walk 1200 to 1500 steps a day just doing my normal everyday activities, and if at the end of the day i only accumulate roughly 1500 steps, it would not award me any extra calories. But if i walked say 3000 steps, it might award me 20 or 30 calories because i went above its expectations. More active lifestyle settings may expect more, and would only award calories if you exceed that higher threshold.