Pre P90X Excersize?

Options
Considering starting P90X, next month with a friend. I wanted to know what would be some good excersizes that would be benefical for somebody who has never tried P90X? I'm thinking about starting Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred as a warmup for P90X with the intint to do Insanity after the 90 Days.
Any Suggestions.

Thanks,

Claire

Replies

• Ellastrong
    Ellastrong Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this too! Bump!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    Power 90 is a good one to do before P90X, which is Power 90 Extreme.
  • melly0701
    melly0701 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Insanity is pretty good warm up...it's a 60 day workout plan!!!
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Work on doing pullups, both forward hand and under hand and pushups, the first workout is a killer doing 12 sets of different things and doing them all over again in reverse order and get a cheap HRM if you don't have one
  • chelseawilliamson
    Options
    i just jumped right in on insanity... sore as hell, but with anything, you just gotta push yourself and take breaks when needed.
  • arnoldnagy
    arnoldnagy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    P90X is designed for people who are already in shape. If you cannot do multiple sets of pushups and pullups you will not be able to complete the workouts. Many people will tell you to just do what you can and then jog or walk in place when you can't keep up. I think this is a ridiculous idea. Why do I want to do an exercise program if I'm going to be jogging in place for half the workout? Power 90 is a great workout and will give you huge benefits without being quite as extreme. P90X is the sexy workout and everyone wants to tell their friends their doing it, but if you're jogging in place while Tony & the crew are doing pull-ups or lunge/squate combos, you are not doing P90X. Start with Power 90 and do it for 3 months. Then you will be able to get through a P90X workout and see real benefits.

~Arny

note: edited to correct my rediculous spelling
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Supreme 90 right now, which is a poor gals P90X.

I did Jillian's 30 Day Shred first and feel like it was the perfect starting tool.

A lot of the things I'm doing now are in 30DS and having done them in a lighter version for 30 days before was just what I needed. And 30DS is a steal at $10.
  • scottaolszewski
    Options
    P90X is one of the hardest workouts you can ever do. The first week you will be very sore. Stick to it and you will see great results. My wife and I have done it together and having us doing it together makes it a little more bareable. Give it your all!!!!!

S