Too much too soon.

Options
ouija1
ouija1 Posts: 7 Member
Hi everyone.
I'm waiting to recover from tendonitis. Too much too soon. Has anybody else been impatient & over done it?

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @ouija1

I wish you a speedy recovery.
    I recommend you follow your medical doctor advise to the letter. If your medical insurance allows get physical rehab sessions
    I had 3 leg surgeries 6 years ago due to a car accident. I could not put my leg on the ground for 5 months. It is frustrating. I learned to be patient. Alternative is to become permanently handicapped on that injury.
    Eat at a maintenance, your activity will diminished while recovering
    Read MFP Most Helpful Post at the beginning of this message board
    Here is a link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
    Good luck
  • ouija1
    ouija1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. The recovery is coming on nicely. I've definitely learnt patience the hard way. Still impatient about running again, but it's well & truly under control.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    quite frequently and then I pay the price when I try to jump back into it too soon...unfortunately tendonitis, bustitis and other similar issues can take time to heal :(
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    ouija1 wrote: »
    Thank you so much. The recovery is coming on nicely. I've definitely learnt patience the hard way. Still impatient about running again, but it's well & truly under control.

have you tried aquajogging? you wear a floatation belt in the pool and run there - zero impact, but you get water resistance training