Fight to get fit

Options
obernicholem
obernicholem Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! My name is Nichole and I just recently started this weight loss journey. I just was diagnosed again with hypothyroidism and I'm hoping to make a lifestyle change. Leave a comment below if you would like to Share tips, recipes, workouts or just plain motivation! Also where is everyone from. I'm one of the lucky ones that gets to suffer in the snow! Thank you Michigan!

Replies

• newbie3122
    newbie3122 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Whattt snow is one of the most wonderful things! I'm in PA and I want it to snow 365 days/year.

Rant over. Welcome B)
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Texas here. Four or five days ago it was in the 90s...in November. (Which is ridiculous) I am certainly ready for winter. BF is from Michigan....
    He also couldn't care less about snow & cold. Feel free to add me please, and ..
    Welcome!
  • KaitDW
    KaitDW Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Please add me :) I'm from Washington . No snow here !
  • roms78
    roms78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am From Indonesia, never snow ever :D
    I am very knew to this MFP, try to learn more on way of lost 50 pounds my self, and most important get healthy,
    lets motivate each other, community will sure help get result :smile:
  • sgage_1
    sgage_1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I live in the UP of Michigan, so I feel your pain with the snow! I just started my weight loss journey 3 weeks ago and am still mustering up the motivation to begin an exercise regimen. Hopefully today is the day!!
  • imojevwe
    imojevwe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I live in Southwest Michigan so I totally get your pain. I've been using the stairs indoors to burn some calories since it's too cold out now.
  • kellansmommy11
    kellansmommy11 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to my fitness pal. I am trying a lifestyle change as well. Since June I have lost 35 pounds and I have about 50 more that I want to lose. Feel free to add me. I love to encourage others and see people reach their goals. I am from Tennessee by the way.
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Southern Alabama here, we never get snow. Heck, sometimes on Christmas you can still go to the beach. Ive lost about 67 lbs in the past 4 months with about 50 more to go. Feel free to add me
  • robinreese27
    robinreese27 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Obernicholem!
    Here's what has helped me:
    1. Count your calories and keep them in proper limit
    2. Drink plenty of water about 10 glasses a day.
    3. Walk-run for 45 mins a day
    4. Eat more natural foods.
    5. Have cheat days too to not make your weight lose plan feel bitter.
    6. drink three cups of green tea.
    7. Don't eat sugary foods.
    8. Stay patient. It won't show up in a day or week but eventually it will be great.
    9. Stay consistent. This is the key.
    Here's a quote to keep you motivated.
    what-we-do-constantly.jpg
    Hope these help. Good Luck with your journey.
  • LizIsBack86
    LizIsBack86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Down here in the wonderful sunshine state aka Florida:)
  • vashappeninblah
    vashappeninblah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm from Illinois. No snow here yet, thankfully. Feel free to add me so we can motivate each other.
  • pawuzitayo
    pawuzitayo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Laviza Khan From New York.inspirational
  • bigjuicy1234
    bigjuicy1234 Posts: 22,577 Member
    Options
    I too live in Michigan. I hate snow. I have absolutely no use for it.