Reached calorie goal at 4pm! Need support

Options
Not really sure how I'll have dinner. This sucks. All it took was some cheese and some chips. I don't keep these foods at home but am at a relative's house today.

Replies

• choosinghealth12
    Options
    Thanks, that's helpful. :)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Eat your dinner, don't starve. So you didn't stay within your daily calories today, try again tomorrow. Like Seska said, it's a learning process. Just log your dinner and eat it.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    what is your daily calorie goal? what are your goals for using MFP? what is your weight loss set to (or are you in maintenance)
  • choosinghealth12
    Options
    I've lost weight before earting 1900-2000 cal so that is my goal. I weigh around 175, and want to get to 155-160.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    make sure you log the chips and stuff that you snacked on (honesty in logging) - and then start over tomorrow - every day is a clean slate; don't let one day derail you
  • D4LB
    D4LB Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I would just go to bed haha.... :D
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry eat a light dinner and log it. You can always reduce your calories over the next few days by 50/100 to make it up and still stay in a deficit.
  • choosinghealth12
    Options
    Thanks all. :)
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Remember that your day's calorie allotment is a deficit - you can eat at your maintenance calories today and have at least something for dinner if you're hungry. And you'll still lose weight if you're at a deficit the other 6 days of the week, just a little less than you originally planned for the week.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    laur357 wrote: »
    Remember that your day's calorie allotment is a deficit - you can eat at your maintenance calories today and have at least something for dinner if you're hungry. And you'll still lose weight if you're at a deficit the other 6 days of the week, just a little less than you originally planned for the week.

This. Don't panic. There will be days like this. Just have a light dinner and stay the course.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Personally I would have a salad or "zero" calorie food (jelly etc) and stick to your goal.

I know a lot of others would say you have to eat though.
  • stephgrant1993
    stephgrant1993 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about calories, try planning your meals in advance. It'll help you keep count of those calories and you'll slowly learn where the bigger calories are.

This is what I'm trying and it's working for me so far, although today is the first day I'm back on using the app again. I tried before a few years ago and lost a stone using this, using low calorie ready meals and bulking with salad and vegetables. Some may not agree with this but it works for me and I saw results, hopefully will again this time.

Its just trial and error until you find something that works for you. Don't give up!! You've got this, just stay positive xx
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Personally, when I go over, I either exercise to make up the calories so I can eat again or I just continue the day hungry and start over again tomorrow.
  • SideshowTam
    SideshowTam Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It might sounds boring, but in these cases I raid the fridge for salad veg. Even if its just lettuce and cucumber. Costs you virtually nothing calories wise, and you still feel like you're eating.

I reiterate, it sounds boring, but I love salad! Hahah... but seriously, don't beat yourself up. If you're really hungry you should eat dinner, cos if you're anything like me you'll last all night then binge on white toast and honey or chocolate or something else naughty later. As others said, tomorrow is a new day. Start fresh then :smile:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,113 Member
    Options
    Not really sure how I'll have dinner. This sucks. All it took was some cheese and some chips. I don't keep these foods at home but am at a relative's house today.

Go for a long walk, a bicycle ride, or go to the gym ... burn some calories.

• ritaszk
    ritaszk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Drink tons of water and pure green tea! You won't be hungry, and very proud tomorrow!