Do you pre-log?

Options
124»

Replies

• cottonanddust
    cottonanddust Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I pre-log H20! B)

Why? How do you predict how thirsty or hydrated you will be that day?

Joke....

I thought it was but you never know with some people...........

Very, very true! I posted on another thread I was going to be working out to Beiber but hey, if I was a comedian I'd be out of business.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I am currently pre-logged up until December 22nd. I make a minor change here and there, but it's pretty set in stone. If I weren't going out of town for Xmas, I would be logged through December 25th. However, I will pre-log before I leave for my trip as I will be taking my foods with me and I will know what I am having. Travel food requires a bit more finesse so I didn't feel like trying to log that yet.

I love pre-logging.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I pre-log everyday. I always log my breakfast first then my dinner. That way I know about how many calories I have to play around with for lunch. Works well for me!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I do when I know what I'm going to eat, but end up changing my plans 90% of the time because my hunger signals are all over the place - so typically I'll try to plan my dinner at the last minute with what fits my calorie goal.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    @mari5466 Thanks for the advice. I know there are certain days where I won't be able to predict what I'll eat, but I can for the most part. I like the little tweaks that are available now that pre-logging is part of my regimen. I think this is going to keep me honest and consistent, allowing me to drop the weight.

@kristikitter It does seem to take the emotion out of deciding what to eat. I find I make poor choices when I decide in the moment, if I pick a meal when I'm not hungry or ready for it. But because I pre-logged, I know I can enjoy a little bag of BBQ Doritos later and actually reach my goals (looks like I'm good on protein, but need more carbs and fat for the day).
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I do when I know what I'm going to eat, but end up changing my plans 90% of the time because my hunger signals are all over the place - so typically I'll try to plan my dinner at the last minute with what fits my calorie goal.

When I was living alone, every meal was whatever I felt like at the moment...I loved it. Now that I'm cooking for two, it's harder to justify "I think I'll have chicken and noodles" based on what I'm in the mood for an hour before dinner. I do like to honor my cravings, sometimes they do determine what I'll have.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I always meal prep breakfast lunch and dinner for the week on Sundays (weighing everything out into containers as well) for a total of 1500-1700 calories. I usually log these meals the night before but sometimes for the whole week. I leave the rest of my calorie allotment for whatever snacks I need that day; sometimes I pre-log snacks when I'm being very careful with macros but most of the time they get logged as I eat them. If I deviate from my planned meals I just delete that entry and log what I actually ate.

After a few years of trying different things i've found i'm most successful when I pre-log. As some have already said, I find this takes the emotion out of food. When I pre-log, what i'm going to eat isn't really a decision so I don't think about food and cravings nearly as often.