Males 50+ -- The Old Guy Support Thread

Options
mizar5
mizar5 Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hey, everyone. The short version of my story is that just before my 59th birthday I decided it was finally time to lose the weight I've been carrying around all these years. I was a healthy weight in high school, but have gained about 20 pounds per decade since my twenties.

MFP and the gym have helped me lose 45 pounds since July 1, while simultaneously toning up my body. As a writer, I sit on my *kitten* in front of a computer for a living and prior to this, had never been able to keep a workout routine for more than a month (though I tried every couple of years). I still have 25-30 pounds left to go, but am now so locked into this routine and my calorie tracking that I'm certain I'll get there by the end of March.

I've created this thread to:

* Offer support to anyone who needs it, but especially to my fellow middle-aged men, as well as to have people who hold me accountable as well.

* Share motivating factor that worked for me and get motivation from others.

Let's do this. If I can lose nearly 50 pounds, anyone can.

Replies

• MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    less of the old..
    52 here
  • mizar5
    mizar5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Old enough, shredcamps. The important questions are: 1) Do the kids play their damn music too loud? and 2) Have you ever shaken your fist and yelled at someone to get off of your lawn? :D
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    No to both.
    1 music is only too loud if you dont like it, and i like music.
    2 nope.

the only concession i have made to my age is a complete refusal to drink lager. thats a trainer beer for teens.
  • The_Lefty_Fotog
    The_Lefty_Fotog Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Going on 51 in a couple of months. :) Lost 15 lbs so far. Maybe lose another 20 lbs or so.
  • papatt1954
    papatt1954 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I hit 62 before I realized I needed to shape up. I want to enjoy a better retirement that is my motivation.