Lost all motivation

Options
I started on MFP nearly 5 years ago. I got down to 132 last year. Everyone said I was too thin. So i started exercising less. Fast forward a couple of months and I am working 50-60 hours a week and have no time to work out. That was no big deal because I was busy on my feet the whole time. Well, work hours have slowed down quite a bit, and minus a week or couple of days here and there, I am just not motivated to get to the gym. I have gotten flabby and am now back to 150. I just cant seem to get myself to exercise anymore. It's depressing. My pants still fit, but I am out of shape. I need help, I need motivation.

Replies

• ladyteapot
    ladyteapot Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey! Have you thought about joining a fitness class? Sometimes working out with a group rather than slogging it out at gym can be a bit more fun..might get you back into the habit!
    And working out with friends keeps me motivated
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    instead of a gym, maybe try some at home - there are lots of free videos on youtube for pretty much anything you could want to try - i like fitness blender
  • Grathiael
    Grathiael Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym, I only use an elliptical bike at home. The thing is .. you NEED to WANT to do it.
  • dvmmcw4015
    dvmmcw4015 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Do it for your mind and your soul, not just your body. You'll feel better- that's my biggest motivator.
  • WW1984
    WW1984 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Even if you don't exercise...just remember this: “Eat Breakfast Like a King, Lunch Like a Prince, and Dinner Like a Pauper”