40...ish and just starting!

Options
Hi! My name is Samantha and I'm just starting my journey to lose about 60 lbs. Any encouragement is greatly appreciated

Replies

• newbie3122
    newbie3122 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • SamanthaM72
    SamanthaM72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want friends. My name is John. I'm 41, busy life, 39lbs lost so far, 40-50 to go depending on how I feel when I get there.

Believe in yourself. Not all days are easy - just keep moving forward. You can do this!!!
  • canadagyrl
    canadagyrl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 also and feel it's time to focus on health.
    I just joined back on MFP after on and off attempts. With the right support I want this time to see results!!
    Best of luck to you also!
    Add me... all the support will help!
  • Zephrine
    Zephrine Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and have just restarted. Have a similar amount to lose. Feel free to add me too :)
  • Joanneraymond
    Joanneraymond Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Third time was a charm for me...Glad to help in any way I can: recipes, words of encouragement. Feel free to add me :)
  • aalsubiany
    aalsubiany Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 50 something and also have 50-60lbs to lose. This is my first time trying on a website and I'm trying to figure it all out! We can do this! I just started two days ago. Would love any support as well! I'm from Seattle but have lived in Jeddah Saudi Arabia for 11 years. Hopefully we can encourage each other!
  • FemmeFireRL
    FemmeFireRL Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and starting again. You CAN do this. This is a wonderful community. :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I was 42 when I decided enough was enough (I was 25lbs overweight). That was back in 2012, I've been maintaining my goal weight for 4 years now. If I can do it, then what's stopping anyone else :smiley:

All the best :smile:
  • daviddaw9948
    daviddaw9948 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 60 at Christmas, and just like you I want to lose weight to lead a healthier life. I have been fortunate up to now with my health, but the risk of cancers, strokes, diabetes, and heart attacks caused by the extra weight I carry is impossible for me to ignore any longer.

So a huge 'Well Done' to you for reaching that point of realization before it is too late. It will not be easy, but nothing worth having is ever easily achieved. You will soon see encouraging results, and there will probably be some setbacks along the way, but your goal is so important that you must simply put them behind you and keep moving towards health. I have lost weight before and made errors after setbacks that resulted in me losing sight of my goal - that cannot and will not happen this time. Let's do it!
  • sark1971
    sark1971 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and have 70 lbs to lose. Good Luck on your journey
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    aalsubiany wrote: »
    I'm from Seattle but have lived in Jeddah Saudi Arabia for 11 years.
    I visited Jeddah when I was in the U. S. Navy!

• aalsubiany
    aalsubiany Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's so cool you were in Jeddah! Where you here long? My husband is Saudi. How did you like Jeddah? Like everywhere there are amazing things I love (super safe, no drugs (raising children)) and challenging things like not driving and the heat.
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    57 here. I started really taking my health seriously again about 6 months ago. The community here is super helpful, and the work you'll put in to hit your goals is so worth it. Best fortune on your journey:)
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 42, just starting back (again) with about 30 pounds to lose. Ready to make it stick this time. Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    45, lost over 35 lbs, pretty quick. Do the work and you will get the reward.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Congratulations on realizing you need to work on it. Making that decision to get started is hard.

I'm 41 and taking the tortoise route - lose it slow to keep it off. I should probably lose around 45 pounds. I've only been on MFP 5 weeks. So far I'm 4 pounds down with no stress or difficulty since I made small changes. Accurate calorie logging and using a food scale are essential to making it work for me.
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 this year and I'm back at it yet again. Anyone can feel free to add me!