Newbie/Starting Insanity

Options
Hi all,

Am just starting MFP. and am starting the Insanity workouts tonight with my fitness test. I am a 28 year old female, 5'4 and 155 lbs, about a size 10/M-L.

Me and my husband have been struggling to eat healthy and control portion size for about a year now, (lost 10 lbs, then put 5 back on)

I am hoping that between this website and the insanity workouts i can get myself back in shape and feeling great about myself!!!:smile:

Look forward to hearing from you,

Heather

Replies

• musicmanomar
    Options
    You can do it! I've finished P90X and have been on my 2nd week of INSANITY. if you need help feel free to add me for any info or encouragement!

Omar
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Insanity! My hubby and I did it together! We also try to focus on eating healthy as well! It's great to do it together :)
  • damacart07
    Options
    im starting today too!!! we can be buddies
  • bmarq21
    bmarq21 Posts: 45
    Options
    let me know how the insanity dvd is!! i've been hearing a lot about it
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    GOOD LUCK its tough but keep pressing play you will get very discouraged at first but things WILL get better!
  • hafrench
    hafrench Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement!!!!

had to delay my fitness test to today as my lower back was a bit stiff yesterday and didn't want to start off not able to do my best. but after a bit of ice and heat, i feel ready to go again.

( I just recently started walking my two dogs again on a regular basis, Hour+ each day, and i ahve an old sports injury that acts up whenever i take up new activity, just slight muscle spasms.)

Fitness test this afternoon after work...can't wait!!!!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Am just starting MFP. and am starting the Insanity workouts tonight with my fitness test. I am a 28 year old female, 5'4 and 155 lbs, about a size 10/M-L.

Me and my husband have been struggling to eat healthy and control portion size for about a year now, (lost 10 lbs, then put 5 back on)

I am hoping that between this website and the insanity workouts i can get myself back in shape and feeling great about myself!!!:smile:

Look forward to hearing from you,

Heather

Your stats are very much like mine: I'm 5'3.5", just turned 29 (on Wed actually), I was 156 and size 10 when I started Insanity almost 2 months ago (yep, I'm almost done!!). How did your fitness test go? Feel free to add me, I'll be an Insanity cheerleader for ya! :)
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My wife and I just completed the first week of month one today. Nothing better than Insanity. Plus we are adding in 3+ mile runs when we can.

Pure Cardio is my favorite workout even though people think I am crazy for saying that. Nothing better than leaving it all on the floor and having all the sweat to prove it.