Face proportions after weight loss: nose too big now etc?

Options
Hi all - not sure if this is the correct place to post this...
Just wondering if anyone who lost weight found that they were NOT liking the new look of their facial proportions on their slimmed down face? I know some people say that their eyes look bigger (as a positive) but what about other features looking bigger, such as nose, ears, forehead as examples? Honestly just curious about how long it takes to adjust to these changes and/or if there are some people who never did?

Thanks!

Replies

• AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I know what you mena about proportions. Ive got a huge shnozzola that no amount of fat could hide. I never thought about the consequences of it looking even bigger! something liek a prominant forhead or odd shapped face cna be softened with the right hairstyle, even big ears, but a huge honker anthing thing short of plastic surgery we are stuck with it. I can just tell people I was a beautiful toucan in a past life.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I look 10 years older(I think so anyway) than I should because I lost weight in my face and now have wrinkles that make me look like I smoke and I have never smoked more than 10 cigarettes in my lifetime.so far it hasnt improved
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    My chins are gone, and there's some skin there I'm not a fan of. That said, I have to ask myself, do I prefer how I looked and felt being obese?

NOPE. Not in a million years. I'd rather look older and worn that feel older and worn...not to mention how obesity was shortening my lifespan.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Try to love the new you. And also, I don't know how to do it, but you can use makeup to contour your nose, with shadowing etc. Maybe youtube has instructions.
  • eat_hike_b33r
    eat_hike_b33r Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    AliceAxe wrote: »
    I know what you mena about proportions. Ive got a huge shnozzola that no amount of fat could hide. I never thought about the consequences of it looking even bigger! something liek a prominant forhead or odd shapped face cna be softened with the right hairstyle, even big ears, but a huge honker anthing thing short of plastic surgery we are stuck with it. I can just tell people I was a beautiful toucan in a past life.

I like this, beautiful toucan:)
    honestly I am not saying I am unhappy with anything in particular but it is the one part that I find the hardest to mentally adjust to and things do seem out of proportion, but maybe my mind needs to catch up. Also, I would agree with the older looking thing but of course being healthier is most important.
    Thanks for your thoughts!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Won't help your nose, but for other issues (chin, cheeks, wrinkles, etc), Google facial yoga and give it a try. Like the rest of your body, your face is made up of a bunch of muscles, and they can be worked. I do it on my drive into work for 30 minutes when I would otherwise be doing nothing productive. Keep a little dot on your dash or rear view to remind you.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yes, you need to let your mind catch up with reality. Celebrate the new you!
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I thought my face became so much sharper and older looking. I'm glad the double chin died down but sometimes I don't really recognize myself. But when I looked at past photos I used to love, I found I didn't recognize her either and didn't love them as much so who knows! BUT depending on the day I see pre-fat 18 year old me so flip a coin on my impression of myself on any given day.
    For OP a little contour goes a long way. My nose is prominent and a little crooked but with a highlight and contour in the right spots it looks perfectly straight. :P
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I have found the asymmetry in my face is a lot more pronounced now and my brows/forehead seem kind of off. But I'll take it over having multiple chins ;)

pzhh00arrw38.jpg
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Big nose looks bigger. Whatever.

Cheekbones galore. Defined jaw line.
  • MikilouB
    MikilouB Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My wrinkles are much more noticeable now that my face is not so round and wide. However, I think I've earned them and much prefer my more slender face. Has taken a while to get here though.