A little awesome for today. :)

Options
MzPix
MzPix Posts: 177 Member
Today I hit a small benchmark of jogging for a full 10 minutes; a goal I've been trying to achieve all month.
This made me feel good and proud.

To top it off, one of the skinny pretty girls at the gym passed me afterward and said "You are a champ on the treadmill!"
I hope she gets her karma and has an awesome week because she almost made me cry with joy from that little compliment.

Replies

• TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Great job! You gotta celebrate every step of the way :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!! That is a great victory...my body just does NOT want to run, but I keep trying. :)
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go! I am NOT a runner. It has always been really hard for me. But when I was a member of the YMCA, I tried so hard to make myself run. I could usually only run for max 5 minutes, then I'd walk, then run, then walk, etc. One day, out of the blue, I ran for 30 minutes NON-STOP. Never did it before, haven't been able to do it since. But it was neat when it happened.
  • USCEE77
    USCEE77 Posts: 50
    Options
    What a great thing for her to say, congratulations on your milestone, and remind yourself of that skinny girl's compliment as encouragement to keep going when you feel like you're ready to quit.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats! Little compliments also help a lot :))
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, good for you! I still can't run for very long but I keep working on it. Keep up the good work!!
  • cindybm
    cindybm Posts: 1
    Options
    AWSOME!!! Keep it up you'll be running 2 miles in no time...
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow, that even made ME choke up! What a sweetie she is for noticing you working so hard! That is very cool. And you ARE a champ, congrats on the 10 min benchmark! That is HUGE!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That is an amazing feeling. Im proud of you. Next time you see her, tell her how that has helped you. Maybe it will make her point out others accomplishments.
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! good for you :)
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Oh thats awesome! I jsut started jogging on the treadmill, ive been power walking uphill for about a month so i decided i needed to step it up a little .... I can barely go for like 2 minutes before im completely out of breath though its very sad. Great job and keep it up!!!!
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    That is quite a compliment! And quite an accomplishment! Congrats!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    That is awesome I hope I'm there soon, tonight learn to run in the cold and maybe rain...but its 3 and one...I am going to go.
    Keep it up! Karma is awesome!
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! First off, way to go on the jogging! That's an awesome accomplishment! I can't imagine how awesome you feel being acknowledged as a runner. And congrats on the compliment! That's the best feeling! I know how that feels to have those little compliments just make your entire day. I'm envious that you have built in motivation to keep killing it the way you are :)
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Congrats on jogging for 10 minutes, you are my hero! No way could I do that! That's awesome about the compliment too, very sweet!
  • FitnessElle
    FitnessElle Posts: 109
    Options
    That feeling is incredible. Kudos to you for pushing along. Great job! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!