Weight range?

Options
Hello , So lets say that my weight goal is 49.5 KG , what should my weight range goal be like ? ( Eg. 49-50kg)
I am asking because I did everything as usual this week but I gained 1kg since Friday and I dont know if I should switch to losing or just keep maintaining

Replies

• shaq370
    shaq370 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You have to remember that your body stores a lot of water, and to find the efficient and most accurate weight possible. You need to weigh your self at the same time every day and same condition, i.e morning after *kitten*? Or every night with full stomach. Your body should fluctuate atleast 1-5lbs every day . So don't be alarmed
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    What do you want your weight goal to be like?

Also weight fluctuations are normal in that amount just from sodium intake, undigested food, water retention etc...
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    shaq370 wrote: »
    You have to remember that your body stores a lot of water, and to find the efficient and most accurate weight possible. You need to weigh your self at the same time every day and same condition, i.e morning after *kitten*? Or every night with full stomach. Your body should fluctuate atleast 1-5lbs every day . So don't be alarmed

Yeah I do weight myself 2 times per week at the same time
  • shaq370
    shaq370 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Like I mentioned every day you body weight fluctuates.
  • healthy491
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

Also weight fluctuations are normal in that amount just from sodium intake, undigested food, water retention etc...

True but this week , I am literally gaining everyday even though I am eating at a deficit. So I dont know whats going on
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You have been under eating, as discussed in multiple threads. Upping your calories is going to up your weight somewhat, if only due to more food in your GI tract and water weight.
  • healthy491
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    You have been under eating, as discussed in multiple threads. Upping your calories is going to up your weight somewhat, if only due to more food in your GI tract and water weight.

You are right and I did up my calories but I am still under my calorie range and yet gaining
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance and have a 5lb maintenance window. If I creep under/over that and stay for a few days then I adjust calories as needed.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I have a 3lb +/- range. Our weight fluctuates naturally so its good to have a range of some sort, helps keep us from 'sweating the small stuff' :smiley: .
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    The range should be +/- 2-3lbs. When I'm on a deficit my weight drops and when I increase my calories my weight increases permanently by about 1-2lbs. And fluctuates about this point.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    healthy491 wrote: »

True but this week , I am literally gaining everyday even though I am eating at a deficit. So I dont know whats going on

I hope you don't think you gained fat every day, because it doesn't work that way.

Weight and fat should be thought of seperately.

I often ask people struggling with the number on the scale. Would you rather be the number on the scale but still need work on their body, or weigh 50 lb heavier, yet have the body they want?

It's a number on the scale, and you should be looking a body changes first.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

I completely agree but how do you do this?
  • Chieflrg
    edited November 2016
    Options

Realize when you gain weight it's not necessarily fat when you are more than likely eating on a deficit.

How many times do you hear somebody saying...

"I ate a piece of cake last night and it put me over my calories, and my weight didn't change this morning. Woohoo! ".

Or...

"I hit my goal of 125lb, but my body still looks fat."

One cannot always correlate the bodies normal functions that may cause weight change as either fat loss or gaining fat.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

Realize when you gain weight it's not necessarily fat when you are more than likely eating on a deficit.

How many times do you hear somebody saying...

"I ate a piece of cake last night and it put me over my calories, and my weight didn't change this morning. Woohoo! ".

Or...

"I hit my goal of 125lb, but my body still looks fat."

One cannot always correlate the bodies normal functions that may cause weight change as either fat loss or gaining fat.

I hope people read your response as a LOT of people are guilty of this.