Weight Loss Rewards

Options
Qarol
Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
I'm all about rewarding myself for a job well done. It's gotta be non-food related. It's gotta be something I really want but wouldn't ordinarily buy for myself. I'm so close to getting my next reward. 199! But the item I had planned has sold out. I have no idea when it'll be back in stock. I'm about 4 pounds away so I guess I must pick something else. But I'm finding it very hard. The whole "wouldn't ordinarily buy it for myself" is coming into play. I regularly get my hair colored at the salon. I regularly get pedicures. There's not a whole lot of stuff I'm just dying to have. So the staples I've read on the internet are out. Some of my other rewards for lower milestones are a new winter coat or a massage/spa day or this fabulous denim jacket I've been wanting for ages. I'm just struggling to come up with a good ONEderland reward. I'm looking for ideas. Get creative, please! :-)

Replies

• Gawain
    Gawain Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Rather than something tangible, how about a night out? Theatre, opera, concert - something that you'll always associate with the feeling of hitting that important milestone!

Great going!
  • LeeLynnP
    LeeLynnP Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Mine is a tattoo. :)
  • tlems
    tlems Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    How about having your teeth professionally whitened, skydiving, taking a class on a hobby, buying a new gadget like a camera, ipod, etc.
  • Nytram81
    Nytram81 Posts: 44
    Options
    Well it depends what you're budget is (I'm not asking you to divulge that info), but for me - I'd buy a ridiculously expensive new pair of shoes, like Manolo's or something.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Rather than something tangible, how about a night out? Theatre, opera, concert - something that you'll always associate with the feeling of hitting that important milestone!

Great going!

I love this idea!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Not a large reward, but I was planning on getting contacts once I hit my goal weight. I'm very near sighted. Took my glasses off to take my profile pic.
  • trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i hear you...i get massages regularly and same with pedicures

my goal that i hit two days ago was my first big goal and i'm getting new ipod nano..
    its smaller and sleeker ..plus i can clip it on and keep working out withit..
    the gift that keeps on giving

my next one is...botox...i know..vain but i so want it
    and then a pair of boots from the UK that are far to expensive but if i get "there" i'm going to be there in style!

but i loved the idea of special tickets / night out...then its a whole event
    hair, outfit, cocktails and the big event
  • alslau02
    alslau02 Posts: 64
    Options
    Not a large reward, but I was planning on getting contacts once I hit my goal weight. I'm very near sighted. Took my glasses off to take my profile pic.

I've recently switched to contacts and the sight improvements are amazing!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options

I've recently switched to contacts and the sight improvements are amazing!

Nice. I haven't been to an eye doctor in ages, so I'm sure I'll need to get my eyes checked up again. I'm tired of having to push my glasses up when they fall and unable to wear sunglasses normally.