good lifting belt

I've come to the conclusion that I need a better belt for lifting heavy things. I don't use the one I have much but its golds gym walmart special and crap so it probably doesn't afford me all the bennefits that a good one would.

What do you use and why?
intended uses are squats and deadlifts.
And of course curls in the rack in front of the mirror.

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Inzer pro lever belt Is the one I intend on purchasing soon. It's been recommended to me by several of the power lifters on this site
    https://www.inzernet.com/search_results_belts.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=8&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&iLevel=1

Here's a link to the home page of the site.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    LOL. I, too, have that Wally-World Gold's belt. I figured that before I spent good money on a belt, I'd give that a shot, to see if I would be comfortable with it. I still have it, but I told my wife that I'm probably going to get myself an Inzer (like jesse linked to) for Christmas. I'll have 3 months to train with that before my next meet.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    I have a titan Longhorn Dual Prong. I got mine for Powerlifting, as i needed an approved belt. I've heard really good things from Top powerlifters about the SBD belt, but amoungst those are that it's Brutal!! It's also close to double the price.

I did plan on using it for Squats, Bench and Deadlift. Then i forgot it on Bench day and never used it for that since. Then i got a "powerbelly" and couldn't get used to it on Deadlifts, so have been beltless on those for 18 months+ now.

Now it's used for Squats over 90% Max now, or those days i hit my 90% quota, and then decide it's a good idea to do dropsets, or 20 reps with 60\70%. << DON'T try that, only stupid people try things like that!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    I would go with either an Inzer brand belt or you can get a nice pseudo-inzer (very similar) at bestbelts.net
  • 70chevellegsp
    70chevellegsp Posts: 50 Member
    I'd search the BB.com site and starting strength about Inzer belts. I did some research and the best bang for the buck for me came from Pioneer. You can customize and they are pretty reasonably priced. https://generalleathercraft.com/product-category/pioneer/leather-belts/ I went with a 10mm & single buckle (easier to get on & off). Good Luck!
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    After years of using whatever was available (and breaking one too on a squat decent...yikes) I finally ended up ordering an Inzer 10 mm lever belt.
    Many of the peeps I know on a weightlifting site like them. Best darn decision I went with. Little more pricey than some other but between the folks I know using an Inzer and all the reviews I read it made sense. Now that I have it I can see why.

It's thick and durable. It will take a while to break in (mine bit me doing squats..lol), but that solid mass around your core really gives you something to brace against for heavier weights.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    I adore my Inzer. It's held up beautifully over the last almost 2 1/2 years. I'm tempted by the sbd belt if only because I love lever belts but the ability to change the tightness without moving the lever over would be awesome.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited November 2016
    Inzer is well regarded but I've been using a hand made 4" powelifting belt from Best Belts for years. They also make 2.5 & 3" belts. Very low pricing. Nothing better.

Only problem is that because they are made-to-order, delivery can take 4-6 wks (or longer) but well worth the wait IMO.

See: www.bestbelts.net
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I love my Inzer Lever. At first I couldn't decide whether I wanted the lever or not but am so glad I got it. It makes it so easy to just snap loose after you're done with a lift and if you're lazy like me, you can keep it on.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Inzer. single prong 10mm
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    I have a 13mm level belt from inzer that I've had for 10-12 years and survived a flood. It's quality. The company, however, is a pain in the *kitten*.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    I have a 13mm level belt from inzer that I've had for 10-12 years and survived a flood. It's quality. The company, however, is a pain in the *kitten*.

I've had good experiences with their customer service. Yes it was annoying that they misshipped my first singlet to someone else, but they stepped up right away when they realized the mistake and over nighted a new one to me.
  • grob49
    grob49 Posts: 125 Member
    I have 2 belts one 4" leather single prong that I use for training. I have blown 2 notches out doing heavy squats and deadlifts. Then I have my competition 4" 10mm double prong leather belt